Closer

I looked at the televison, mindlessly, as I watched a Katy Perry music video then a Beyonce one come on right after it.

It was like three in the morning and me body still did not adjust to this Californina time zone.

Three in the morning here meant eleven in the morning in England.

But it has been a whole three weeks since I been here and I'm still not quite adjusted.

I got out of my bed nearly killing myself as I forgot how high it was and how short I was.

So I peeled myself off the smooth white floor as I grabbed onto the unreliable fluffy duvet as it wasn't firlmy tucked under my bed putting us back on the floor with my feet in the air and my arms spread out in surrender.

"CAUSE GOOD GIRLS ARE BAD GIRLS THAT HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT" I heard that loud and clear as I knew Sarah was ringing my phone which was all the way out of my reach.

"Shit" I muttered as I rolled on my stomach then pushed me self off the floor as I raced to the bed to get the phone.

"I thought you were ignoring me?" Sarah said as I preceeded to walk with the phone down the long hallway filled with empty picture frames where pictures of all the people I loved should be.

"Hold on, Ms. Harding" I put the phone on speaker as I grabbed a bunch of photo albums from a box I still didn't unpack. Full of photos.

"Come on, Cole" Sarah said as I started scanning the pictures.

"Hey now" I said laughing as I flipped through the pics. Each one held a different memory but I had to find the ones that fit in the black frames.

"What are you doing babe?" Sarah asked us as I stared at a picture of Girls Aloud as we tried to take a picture with Nicola's new camera, but it's obvious we failed as only Nicola and I were smiling.

"Looking at pictures" I said giggling as I looked at Sarah flipping off Nadine and Kimberley was staring at me.

"Oh boy. Put an appropriate one up on the wall" Sarah said but I didn't listen. I put that picture in the frame. Then another where we are all eating some ice cream like little kids. But this was only three months ago.

"Noooo" I said as she laughed and I put one up of me mam, my siblings and me when we were at a dinner held for Girls Aloud Ten Tour.

"Cheryl. Wait until I see you" Sarah squealed as I flipped through some more pictures until I came across one of Kimberley and us.

We were back in our younger days as I hugged her from behind as all her plump lips could do is form a smile.

Without thinking, I put it up there on the wall and I went back to Sarah.

"Cheryl" Sarah said. "Will I be seeing you on your birthday?"

"Will you?" I asked her question back to her.

"So, I have to drag these four over there to see you?" Sarah laughed.

"If you wanna see me" I smiled staring at the wall as the sun started to come up and then I realized how long I've been up.

"Fine. We've got a date. So that's two weeks. Make our beds and stock the fridge" I listened to Sarah as I started giggling.

"You got it Saz" I smiled sliding me back against the wall.

"Okay. Take care. Don't do anything stupid"

"What would I do stupid?" I said with me eyebrows up.

"Cheryl. You're Cheryl. Things just always happen to you"

I got off the phone with Sarah then I stood up and walked to me kitchen.