What's Best For You

"Bye babe" Micah kissed my forehead as I laid across the couch. "I'll call you in a little while."

"Okay" I smiled up at him before he left.

And just as he walked in Kimberley ran in.

"Cheryl" Kimberley said in a panic.

"What's wrong?" Confused or not I wasn't gonna ignore her.

"Just I need your help" Kimberley said grabbing my hand, causing shocks to run up and down my spine.

I ran with her out of my house, into her car and over to her new home which was literally a five minute walk from mine.

She grabbed my hand again taking me to her bedroom where, through the window I could see a cat stuck in a tree.

"Why did you call me for this?" I muttered rolling my eyes.

"Animals like you. Now try to get it" Kimberley gave me a little shrug and I made my way to the window, kneeling on the ledge so I could get the cat's attention.

He cut his blue eyes at me before he started to move just one centimeter at a time across the branch.

"Did you adopt this cat?" I muttered reaching my fingers out farther so I could grab the ball of white fur when he was near.

"No" Kimberley muttered behind me. "I just didn't want him up there anymore"

"How long has he- hey hey get the fcuk over here" I muttered as he walked a little bit closer then stopped.

"He's been up there for three days" I listened as the sun decided to pour it's rays inside and blind the hell out of me causing me to slip a little out the window.

But Kimberley grabbed me from behind and it got real tense.

"Kimba" I muttered as the cat ran across the branch into her house.

"You startled the cat" Kimberley said with her hands still firmly on my sides.

"Well, I was trying to get him to come across bu-" She cut me off when her fingers lightly slid down my back.

"You're still beautiful, ya know? Just a little work of art. I think everyone is interested in your smile with your dimples popping out and your chocolate eyes lighting up the room, but I, I'm interesting on what's on the inside"

I rubbed my eyes as I listened to her carry on.

"You didn't have to come do this for me. You could've stayed away. You could've shut me out. But you're not that type of person. You care a lot about me" Kimberley said laying her head on my back and wrapping her arms around me.

"I love you Kimberley" I said laying my head by her neck so she could look down on me and smile.

"I didn't think a cat would bring out the best in you" Kimberley smiled.

"A cat that's probably destroying your house right now" I smiled before she thought about my words, let me go, and ran looking for the cat.

"Damn Cheryl" Kimberley said as I rubbed my eyes again.

I looked at her clean, crisp room. Five photos hung above the bed. Each with at least one of us in it. Her bed was nice and fluffy, as well as the light blue pillows resting there.

I looked back up at the pictures and one really caught my attention.

The one of us, on her 25th birthday. Both of looked incredibly wrecked as we could barely stand behind the cake. I had blew out her candles but she could care less. She was just happy I was there with her.