Novacane

"What you gonna do with all this coffee?" Sarah said as I downed half a mug before I started to dust myself off."You can't possibly drink all of that"

"Sarah" I leaned against her marble counter.

"Cheryl" Sarah mimicked me.

"Let me tell you what I can remember" I closed my eyes before I sharply exhaled. "My wife and my ex boyfriend went somewhere because of me. Because" I put my finger over Sarah's lip before she could talk. "Because Micah really hates Kimberley the same way she hates him"

Sarah nodded for me to continue.

"And you know how Kimberley always says in that unnatural serial killer tone "I would kill him"

Sarah nodded again her blue eyes following me as I paced back and forth slightly with my finger still on her sticky lips.

"Well it turns out Micah actually went to the next level and tried to have Kimberley killed so he could ease his way back into my life"

Sarah's eyes grew.

"Not finished" I said as she nodded. "But who ever he got to kill her. Like one of those hit men like In the movies Nadine has us watching, he failed. But your friend Kimberley somehow manages to get that same guy who tried to kill her and drag Micah out of his home and plopped him on a plane-"

Sarah put her finger on my lips.

"Slow Down." She said. "Alright. So what I got out of what you told me so far is that you can't seem to stay away from looney people."

"Okay I guess that could work" I said nodding.

"Okay so two people, one you love and one you loved hate each other. And Micah tried to kill her and Kimberley got someone to kidnap him basically"

I nodded.

"Proceed"

"And they kidnapped him. Yeah kidnap-that's actually a better word. Okay so. Micah got kidnapped and brought to Belgium. By Kimberley. She did this. And that's where he was all of those days. Which brings up another question? Did you all know he was missing?"

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Cheryl the whole English speaking world knew. You were so swoon in love that you couldn't pluck yourself out of it and back to the real world."

I looked down at my black coffee. The steam had since died down then back up at Sarah.

"Alright continue"

"And Micah made up this lie that he was going to take care of children in Honduras and I had let him borrow my car yesterday because he said he had to get some medicine to take over there they don't sell in America"

"Now that brings me to the question, "Why are you so naive?"

"Sarah" I said dipping my fingers in her coffee and throwing some drops on her.

"It's true" Sarah shook her blonde hair. "Gullible you are. So he made up a lie but where did he really go?"

"To get an illegal passport because Kimberley ripped his up when Micah was kidnapped so he couldn't go back to America"

"Cheryl, who's writing this movie plot for you. Your life is a movie and I'm just a little supporting character"

I cut my eyes at her and she stopped as she unbuttoned her jean shirt.

"So he told you a cover up story about him going to help sick kids in Honduras and he needed your car to go to get medicine that he couldn't get in America here. But really he was getting an illegal passport. Illegal cause it's rushed I assume so he could fly back to America before Kimberley found out"