Can't Be Friends

"Cheryl, what are you doing?" Kimberley asked as I ate the Chinese take out we picked up.

We've been writing our parts to our songs together and she's been over here a lot.

And between her being over here and my lunch "dates" with Micah it's been pretty rough even though, Kimberley and I are friends. And Micah I are just friends.

"Friends"

"Friends"

"Friends"

"I'm eating with chopsticks. Don't you see?" I said putting them down as I picked my fork up, shoving rice in my mouth.

"That's silly. You can't eat rice with them" Kimberley's eyes were that nice shade of dark blue waves today.

"That's silly you don't try" I rolled my eyes before she started laughing.

To say she was surprisingly okay, was surprisingly difficult for me to handle.

"Cheryl, just eat the rice with the stick"

"Stop pressuring me" I smirked before she threw napkins at me. "Immature. Immature"

"Immature" She imitated me and I laughed so hard I fell off the chair and laid on the cold floor looking up at that glass table and Kimberley making goofy faces through it.

"Immature" I said one finale time before she helped me up.

I looked down at my cast as I sat down at all the scribbles of everyone saying get well and all that but I wasn't actually sick. I was just dumb enough to be drunk and fall on my wrist at the beach at night during a party. So what they should've wrote was, start using your brain.

"So when are we gonna get back to writing?" I asked as she broke open her fortune cookie.

"You already have what you want the most" Kimberley read the fortune out loud. "So true" She muttered before she covered her food and left out the dining room. "Come on. Time to write"

I covered my food and walked through my house until I got to the living room where she pushed everything out of the way and laid across the floor like a starfish.

"Come on" I laughed as she sat up and tossed me the book.

"Read it"

"Out loud?" I looked up at her scowl and my eyes darted back to the book, before I opened it.

My eyes scanned the first couple of words before I really started reading it.

But I really couldn't read it out loud because they hit me pretty hard.

I still walk around with half a heart

Because that day you tore us apart

But every time I see you smile

My heart becomes whole for awhile

Because I still love you

I still want you too

But then I think how you want us apart

Then that gives me back my half a heart

"Cheryl" Kimberley said my name as I looked up leaving the rest of the lyrics for another day.

"Well it's not made up" I said putting the book down. "What am I doing?"

"Cheryl, relax" Kimberley pulled on her white tank top. It was still sorta hot even though it's Autumn now.