Slow Motion

I stayed completely silent as we sat on the third plane enduring what was left of our journey.

Why couldn't it just be a straight ride there?

All these technologcal advances, no breakthrouh for that.

Kimberley put Lily next to me on this plane because I was so uneay and Lily was honestly the only person who could keep my mind off of life but she had fallen asleep with her head on my shoulder.

It didn't matter anyway because I was nervously tapping my fingers on the metal arm rest expecting the worse.

I kept staring out of the window looking at endless drops of water that made up the Atlantic Ocean.

"Babe relax please" I turned my head and looked up at Kimberley turned around in her seat which was right in front of me.

"I'm fine" I said my muscles growing more tense as she reached over and touched my fingers.

"I swear nothing is wrong. Just clear your mind get some rest."

There was something I was missing.

Like I had been missing out on something for quite sometime. I'm not sure what it is but whatever it is it's gonna throw it self at me.

I did just what my wife said to do anyway and I woke back up so we could get our luggage.

Although Kimberley was two inches taller than me, she was able to pick me up and put me on top of the cart our luggage was stacked on like a child. 

She thinks it'll relax me.

Nicola and I were nothing but the children here even if I'm older than the two of them. Doesn't matter. Being small makes you cute and cuddly but they know I can still throw a punch. A little fiesty stuffed duck.

There were a few flashes here and there but nothing I couldn't ignore as we rolled around looking for asprins for Sarah to take for headache because no one told her to have that music drowning out her ear drums. 

Kimberley rolled me to a seating area where she sat down just smiling at me.

"You my dear, look like an idiot" I said before she plucked my nose.

"Hey" Kimbelrey smiled making me feel like the idiot now because I was all warm inside again.

I shrugged as she played with her sleeves on her white sweater with the numbers 30 in black on them. I believe when she picked that out I had to be somewhere in her mind. Or maybe U was just that self centered thinking she would pick the number 30 because I was born on the 30th of June.

"I picked this number because of your birthday" Kimberely said.

Maybe not.

It was like 5 in the morning and the sun hadn't quite came up yet but as we approached the exit, the airport became illuminated with flashes from cameras.

It wasn't like in America I wasn't photographed. But they were a little more discrete about it.

They would pop out the bush for a picture and that would make me laugh. It would usually be one or two maybe three. And they leave.

But here they were huddled in huge clusters. Like 50 or more. Like it was a huge celebration of me coming home or getting some snacks from the store. 

And they were all up in your face about it. The paps were not gonna hide.

We all sighed before we huddled up racing to the cab, every light illuminating our pupils practically blinding us.