51

With Summer and Axel in tow, Ayanda walked into Sadé's backyard. They had been invited over by Omari who was having a surprise birthday party for Sadé. She was reluctant to come but Axel pleaded with her to accompany him and she agreed, inviting Summer too. Who she was still to ask to leave.

' I'm going to talk to the guys, will you be okay?'

' Yeah I have Summer with me. Go.'

' Just let me know if you want to leave or need my help.'

Ayanda promised she would before pecking his lips much to Summer's irritation which was noticed by him. A waiter walked passed them with a tray filled with glasses of wine and the ladies each grabbed one. She noticed Emily and Neveah walk towards her but before they could come any further, Omari announced for everybody to be quiet. Sadé was here.

' SURPRISE!!!'

Everybody around her screamed as soon as Sadé stepped out into the yard. While she threw back her drink and grabbed another. Sadé had a little moment with her family before slowly walking around and thanking everybody who had come. Summer was surprisingly no longer beside her and her friends came up to her. Axel watched from where he stood but did not want to interfere till she called for him or she needed him.

' Hey Yandi.'

They greeted her at the same time.

' Hi.'

She gave them a dry reply and sighed when she noticed Sadé walking up to them. They were ambushing her she thought.

' We have been trying to get a hold of you this past week but you would not answer our calls or texts and Axel said you didn't want to see us.'

Sadé said after greeting her too.

' Why would I want to talk to any of you after y'all acted so shady and this is not the time it place to have this discussion.'

' You don't want to talk to us or see us. How or where else are we going to have it.'

Neveah

' Never because I don't want nothing to do with all three of you. You used my marriage problems to attack me when I was trying to be a supportive friend.'

' We know now and we're sorry. We were going through stuff and stressed and let in out on you.'

Emily

' I cannot accept that because I've gone through stuff too but I have never thrown your problems into your face for no reason like that when I came to you for advice.'

Ayanda was getting emotional and her voice increased in volume and she noticed people nearby turning to look at them. Feeling overwhelmed she turned from her friends and walked away in search of the bathroom. Since she had been here many times she knew where to find it.

' Hey are you okay?'

Her husband walked in locking the door behind him. Without lifting her headache ran straight into his chest where he held her as she cried and asked him to take her home.