1⃣1⃣

Axel sat in front of his computer in his office going through his files. He logged onto the company business account to pay all his employees when his assistant walked in without knocking and stood next to him. He looked up at her irritable.

' How can I help you Brittany.'

' Just wanted to tell you that your wife is here.'

Axel had a perplexed look on his face.

' You couldn't tell me that through the phone and why are you standing so close to me when you know my wife is on her way upstairs.'

' What's wrong with standing here, we're not doing anything.'

' Brittany go to your desk.'

Brittany frowned at Axel's response.

"Fine,"

She retorted, taking a step back. Axel sighed, feeling a mix of annoyance and concern. Ayanda walked in before he could say anything further. With the baby in the carrier in her hand she struggled a bit with the door. He quickly got up and went to assist her as Brittany followed with a mug behind him but faked a smile as soon Ayanda came into view.

' Let me get her.'

Axel grabbed his wife in view of his assistant and passionately kissed her till she pushed him away for air. She almost bumped into Brittany when he moved to put the baby on one of his office sofa's.

' Oh hi Brittany I didn't see you standing there.'

Brittany did not greet back but instead walked out with her nose in the air angering Axel and causing her to feel uneasy.

' Did I do something wrong?'

' No, maybe it's that time of the month. She's been in a mood the whole day today.'

'  She seems more jealous than in a mood.'

' Isn't a jealous a mood?'

Ambrosia giggled as he tickled her feet with his teeth. Brittany's behavior had Ayanda uneasy but she dismissed it since she did not want to seem like the jealous or insecure wife.

' I guess. Hope we didn't interrupt you guys. Ambrosia and I just returned from the clinic and shopping for my weekend away with the girls.'

' It's that time of the year already. I completely forgot about it.'

' Yeah me too. Emily reminded me of it a few days ago. Talking about Emily she told me that the couple's retreat was moved.'

' Yes I gave another couple the tickets."

Ayanda felt a pang of sadness as she listened to Axel's words. She understood that they had been going through a difficult time lately, but selling their couple's retreat tickets without consulting her hurt. The retreats held a special meaning for them as a couple, and they had always celebrated their anniversary by taking one every year.

It was on one of these retreats that Ayanda and Axel had first met, and it had become a tradition for them to reconnect and deepen their bond. Ayanda cherished these retreats and looked forward to them, as they provided a much-needed escape from their everyday stresses and allowed them to focus on their relationship.

Feeling a mix of disappointment and hurt, Ayanda couldn't help but wonder why Axel hadn't thought to discuss this with her. They had always made decisions together, especially when it came to important matters like their anniversary celebrations. It made her question whether Axel truly valued their shared experiences.

She couldn't shake off the feeling that she had been left out of this decision, as if her opinion didn't matter. Ayanda wanted to express her disappointment to Axel, to let him know how important the retreat was to her, but she also understood that he probably had good intentions in giving the tickets to another couple.