4⃣0⃣

The shutter of the camera was the only source that could be heard as the couple starred into each other's eyes lovingly. It felt like they were the only two of them on the room even though they were having a photo shoot for a black family magazine. They might have been currently separated but at that moment,no one could tell.

' okay ladies and gentlemen we are done here. Mister and misses Daniels thank you for your time and you look beautiful.'

They thanked the photographer and walked out of the studio hand in hand, only for Ayanda to let go of him when they reached the car park and there was no one in sight. Axel was hurt by this but said nothing, he was still waiting on her to give him an answer about whether or not she would come back home.

' I met with Kevin a few weeks back. He came over to the bakery and asked if he could talk to me. I sat down with him and he apologized for the rape and causing my miscarriage.'

' Why didn't you tell me before you met up with him?'

' Axel did you just not hear me say that he came to the bakery and plus there were a lot of people there he wasn't going to try anything. Anyway he told me about you and Brittany. Is it true that when we met you were dating her and actually dumped her because of me.?'

'It's wasn't because of you. I was telling the truth when I said that my girlfriend had cheated on me but I hadn't broken up with her till you told me you were pregnant.'

' Did you mean it when you said you loved me or was that a lie too because I was carrying your child? Do you even love me now?'

Axel stopped the car on the side of the road.

' Don't you ever doubt my love for you. I loved you the first day I set my eyes on you and I love you more today. I am sorry for keeping secrets from you and hurting you but don't ever doubt my love for you and our children. How does Kevin know all these though?'

' He told me that he and Brittany were cousins and that the rape was all her plan. She wanted to make me pay for stealing her man away from her. A man I didn't even know was hers to begin with.'

Axel sighed and started up her car. Just when she thought she could forgive Axel for his lies and deceit, more lies resurface and it seems like the life she thought she knew was a lie.

' How many more lies are there? What else are you keeping from me? Are you involved someway in our daughter's death?'

' Yandi! I know I have kept secrets from you but I swear to god that I have no involvement whatsoever, directly or indirectly in our daughter's death. I am sorry for lying to you and I cannot take back everything I did.'

They sat starring at each other in her driveway. He waiting on her answer and her struggling with her answer.

' let's go on that vacation.'