1⃣6⃣

Axel's expression softened slightly as he watched his wife break down before him.

"I know, Yaya,"

he said softly.

"I know we were both hurting but that doesn't excuse what I did. I betrayed you, and I will regret it for the rest of my life."

They sat in silence, the weight of their pain hanging heavy in the air. Ayanda stood from where the bed in tears and tried to walk out as her husband stood on the opposite site of the bedroom but he quickly grabbed her just as she reached for the door handle.

' Let go of me Axel, please.'

' Nah we're having a conversation here and I need us to talk. This is not the time to run away from our problems. I gave you time for that when we lost our baby but I will not let you shut me out again.'

' Please let go of me Axel!'

Axel sighed and let go of her. He sat on the edge of the bed and palmed his face. He raised his head when he felt the bed dip and heard sniffling.

' I am really sorry for hurting you like this. I didn't mean for it to happen and I ended it as soon as I realized how wrong -'

' You didn't stop it before it happened or the first time it happened. You stopped it when you realised how wrong you were. How many times had you slept with her before you realised you were cheating on your grieving wife, huh!, how long, because what I saw in your office. That wasn't stopped. I don't know if you even have stopped as we speak.'

Axel's heart sank as he listened to his wife's accusations. He knew he had made a terrible mistake, and now he had to face the consequences of his actions.

"I...I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am, babe,"

Axel admitted, his voice filled with remorse.

"I never meant to hurt you like this. I was lost and confused after the loss of our baby, and I made a terrible decision but I want you to know that I ended things with her as soon as I realized the gravity of what I had done.I'm on the process if getting a new assistant.''

' I admit that I haven't been the best wife recently but I did not push you onto her. That is all on you. I was grieving and hurting too but I did not seek comfort in another man's bed but everything is my fault right.'

Ayanda wiped away her tears and looked at him with pained eyes.

"How can I trust you again, Axel? How can I believe that you won't hurt me like this in the future?"

Axel took a deep breath, trying to gather his thoughts.

"I understand that it's hard to trust me right now but I want to make things right. I want to earn back your trust and rebuild our relationship, if you'll let me."

Ayanda sighed heavily, her shoulders slumping in defeat.

"I don't know, Axel. This has shaken me to my core. I need time to think and heal. I can't just pretend like everything is okay."

Axel nodded understandingly.

"I know it will take time but I promise you, I am committed to working on myself and our marriage. I will do whatever it takes to make things right."

Ayanda looked at him skeptically, her eyes filled with sadness. This time Axel did not stop her when she stood up and walked out. His biggest fear was losing his family and he was now the reason it might become reality.