1⃣3⃣

Axel grabbed his laptop and files from the table after he had thanked his client and shook more hands. He sent a text to his wife to say that he was done with his meeting since she had called him before the meeting but had to cut their conversation short.

' Brittany let me know when mister Salt gets here I think he's my last meeting. I need to leave before five today. Need to spend my family.'

Brittany snickered and followed him into his office. She threw two files onto his office table and walked out. Axel shook his head and said nothing. He picked up his phone to call the human resource supervisor.

' Hey Jeff, I need a new assistant. As soon possible.'

He hung up and went through the file as he waited on his next meeting. He was startled from his thoughts by Brittany announcing that his next meeting had arrived and waited for him in the boardroom.

' Thanks miss Carver.'

Brittany mumbled whatever as he walked into the boardroom. He heard her reply but he had a meeting to go to which lasted an hour. He wall back into his office to find that Brittany was not at her desk, so he assumed she had left. He got into his office, closing the door behind him and he began packing his belongings.

' Brittany, stop!'

He was surprised to find her in her underwear on his sofa when he turned to walk out.

' I was thinking since you said this is the last time. We could do like Tyga and Chris sang and fcku for the road.'

' Brittany don't do this. I told you that what happened between us was a mistake and it shouldn't have happened.'

' Why?!, because she decided to suddenly become a wife and take care if your needs? Babe do you remember the fun we had? How I comforted you when you lost your daughter and she couldn't be there for you. Axel I was there and I've been there.'

' Brittany I know and thank you for being there for me. I really don't _'

' Yeah I know the speech but I'm not here for that. I just want you to thank me with this one last time and I promise to never bring this up ever again.  Just one last time.'

Axel let out a deep breath

' one last time?.'

Brittany nodded yes as she pulled him down by placing her hands on both sides of his face and kissing him passionately. Axel initially resisted the kiss, his mind flooded with guilt and conflicting emotions but as Brittany's lips pressed against his, he found himself momentarily giving in to the familiar desire and connection they once shared. He dropped his laptop bag and grabbed on her butt cheeks when she jumped onto him, wrapping her legs around his waist. She got down and unbuckled his pants then kissed him.

' Oh my god!'

Axel quickly pushed Brittany away when he heard somebody exclaim in shock and the sound of something falling. He turned his head towards the office door and saw his wife's retreating backside. He tried to run after her but his suit pants slid down to his ankles, tripping him. He quickly pulled them up, buttoning them up along the way and reached the elevator just as it's doors closed shut.

Breathing heavily, Axel punched the elevator button repeatedly, frustration mounting as he realized Ayanda caught him cheating. He slumped against the wall, running a hand through his disheveled hair. The reality of the situation started to sink in, and he cursed himself for letting things escalate to this point.