A Plot To Kill All Martial Artists

"What is on that sheet of paper, Roshi-sama?" Tenshinhan inquired, approaching the old man who shook in disbelief while staring at the sheet of paper, eyes staring at a blank point of the paper where there weren't even any symbols to gander at.

"Unbelievable... For Demon King Piccolo to return now..." Muten Roshi muttered under his own nose, his hollow breath barely moved the hair of his facial hair. "You... What did the monster that killed Krillin look like?"

"Well... He was scary and... Green! Yes! He was very green, he had wings and sharp teeth. Otherwise, he was quite humanoid... I believe..." the announcer struggled his way through words, it was only because of the nature of his profession that he had the gall to remain as eloquent as he was in his state of panic.

"Hmmm... Sounds like one of Piccolo's spawns, without a doubt..." Muten Roshi stroke his beard. "We must act at once, in that case. Chayote and Son Goku are immensely powerful, they very well might take care of Demon King Piccolo together. However, we must collect the Dragon Balls just in case."

"I don't understand, Roshi-san, just who is this Demon King Piccolo?" Tenshinhan pressed on.

"He is a demonic bane from the past. A terrifying tyrant whose Evil Tribe has once taken over the world. Not even the combined forces of every martial artist on Earth could repel this scorn. It was Master Mutaito, master of martial arts who brought me and Tsuru Sen'nin up in the world of martial arts, who managed to seal the monster away. At the time that was the only way to save the world." Muten Roshi explained.

"But back then... We didn't have the Saiyans on our side, right?" Yamcha raised a fair point.

"True. The out of this world strength of Goku and Chayote might just be the biggest advantage on our side. The Mafuba, the sealing technique that sealed Demon King Piccolo away before, does not prevent one sealed away from aging or growing weary, with some luck, Demon King Piccolo will be at his weakest right after being released. However, with Demon King Piccolo, we cannot take any chances..." Muten Roshi insisted.

"I see..." the announcer stood up from the floor where he'd been groveling up until now. "So then why did he attack me? It seemed like I was the target of this spawn of Demon King Piccolo's..."

"That is odd indeed." Muten Roshi agreed. "As far as I know, neither of us had any Dragon Balls with us or any other valuable artifact."

"He took the list!" the announcer grabbed his hair and stroke it upward, letting his nerves get to him. "The list of competitors!"

"Ahh..." Muten Roshi tilted his shades. "I see... Well... In that case, we might truly have a chance. It is so unlike Demon King Piccolo to act in desperation and fear that I ruled such a possibility out from the get-go but..."

"Could you clear it up a little bit, Muten Roshi-sama?" Yamcha said.

"It appears that Demon King Piccolo is targeting martial artists. He is afraid that a martial artist would use the Mafuba on him again. He is so much unlike the scorn he once was, the Demon King of old would have invaded the world and took it by force the moment he manifested onto this world... What lowly state has he awakened in to scheme like this?" Muten Roshi explained. "Either way, we have no time to waste! You two, will you help us collect the Dragon Balls?"

"No." Tenshinhan shook his head. "I apologize, Roshi-sama, but I would instead confront Demon King Piccolo myself. I am not sure what these Dragon Balls are or what their purpose is but if the Demon King is targeting all martial artists, this is a matter of pride to me! I will not stand aside and let him rampage across the world nor will I mirror his behavior and scheme behind his back."