Chasing A White Cat

Before Chayote could properly ascertain that she'd just seen herself facing against an actual Saiyan, the image on the rippling surface of the water changed. It was now displaying a massive building with a handful of others in the distance. Atop of every building flapped a crimson flag with two white R marks on them. The flags were triangular and unlike most of the military decoration that Chayote had seen. All around her were Earthlings wielding larger version of the local arm cannons that the bandits used, man-sized military robots were jetting about and aiming their own attacks as well in the frozen image.

The next flash returned Chayote back to the odd, white rectangle, surrounded by a well-maintained lawn and an entire crowd of people observing the happenings on the rectangle. While Chayote was still present at the time, this vision did not show the same thing as the one with the Saiyan before. This time Chayote was wearing a uniform similar to that of the armed Earthlings from the previous flash, except for the minor detail of the double R ribbon. She was not facing the boy Saiyan either, instead of the most interesting aspect of these visions, the sole thing that kept Chayote focused on them, to begin with, the teen Saiyan was standing in front of a three-eyed weirdo who mirrored Taopaipai's stance almost beat for beat.

Another flash... Chayote, with a significantly more damaged version of the uniform she previously observed herself in, stood alongside the Saiyan boy. Intrigued by the vision and this curious figure, the Saiyan leaned closer and closer in so that she could catch a proper glimpse of this unexpected vision. The two appeared to be standing in a fighting pose in front of the massive Kami who sat on a throne edged by bone and skulls. Could this mean that Chayote might team up with another Saiyan to finally claim this planet for the Frieza Army?

"You know, if you keep dawdling on the future, you'll forget to live the present so it becomes the future eventually." A lazy and dragging voice distracted Chayote, the Saiyan jumped up and turned back, very nearly keeping herself from flipping over and fumbling into the prophetic pot of water.

"That boy inside that pot. He was a Saiyan, wasn't he?" Chayote pointed at the pot, trying to address the creature that caught her by surprise. Much to the Saiyan's own shock, it was neither Kami nor Mr. Popo that greeted her. In fact, it was a fat, white cat. One with closed eyes and a stick not too much different from the one Kami used to walk around with.

"Oh my, is there someone in these pots? I must admit, I haven't cleaned them in a while and a lot of fools cruise along here these days. If there truly is a drowner in there, may as well..." the cat rushed toward the pot, lifted it up with its stick and carelessly flicked it over the hole that Chayote crawled onto the bottom section of the tower's summit through. The Saiyan reached out over the spilled water with regret and a speck of fury aimed towards the dumb cat.

"Answer me now, what is this place? Where's Kami? Who was that boy in the ripples?" Chayote stepped forward, swinging her fists around as if she was to let them loose. Truthfully, she couldn't care how much this cat pissed her off, it looked like a puny weakling and therefore not of any interest. Chayote's own good and evil radar had not yet properly evaluated the white cat with an eternally closed glare.

"Huh? You know Kami?" the cat bent his head to the side. "That is... Unusual. I see... You must have somehow stumbled across the Lookout without having been approved. In that case, you must have been cast down."

"Yes. Mr. Popo kicked me down. So what you're saying is that you must approve me before I can meet Kami? I'm looking to learn some martial arts from him." Chayote leaned up closer to the cat and grabbed his hands, almost like she was about to congratulate the chubby feline.

"That so?" the chubby fur ball licked his paws. "In that case, my name is Korin, and you are correct. I must test you and approve of you before you can even climb up higher to meet Kami."