Skill VS Strength!! The Finale Begins!

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, all that remains is the fight to end all fights! The bout to determine the one that is truly the Strongest Under the Heavens!" the announcer raised his hands up only to follow the rising wave of hype with a sprinkle of disappointment. "However, to keep things fair, we will be having a brief 10-minute intermission for our less fortunate finalist to get a breather! If you ever found any of the limited-time World Martial Arts Tournament accessories suit your fancy, now's the time to nab them!"

"Man, Goku's in a real pickle." Krillin laughed out, rubbing the back of his bald head. "He'll have to fight Chayote in the finals right after fighting Ranfan."

"It is unfortunate." Yamcha nodded with an awkward smirk. One that he likely faked.

"What's wrong, you don't believe that Son Goku can win? Saiyan blood runs through him, out of all the people here he's the only one to have ever stood a chance." Chayote teased the martial artist.

"No, it's just... How did Goku get this good? We've all been training for the same amount of time and I trained my hardest. In the end, it doesn't seem like I will ever have a chance against him." Yamcha's expression lightened up. It looked like a boulder had just plummeted off his chest just through the sheer act of voicing his thoughts.

"Of course not, Saiyans are a warrior race." Chayote looked back at Goku. With drools tracing his steps the boy ran off to stuff his stomach to the fullest.

"How can you even eat right now? Right before the most important fight in your life?" Krillin sighed.

Goku froze. The boy turned back and looked at Chayote with a curious glare. "Aren't you going to eat?" he wondered.

"No. You must absolutely replenish your strength but if I eat now and to the same – there won't even be a fight." Chayote taunted her little Saiyan rival.

"That's not fair. I want to fight you at your strongest!" Goku protested. What a brat... He made no compromises, left no space for them even. He demanded what he wanted and expected things to go his way, just like a true Saiyan would have. How could Chayote have ever doubted this buffoon's heritage? Then again, it took exposure to another Saiyan to bring out his most interesting traits.

"Well, if you want it..." Chayote taunted her opponent in the finals, the tails of both Saiyans spun around in the air, coming dangerously close to lashing at each other in few spots but eventually swinging away from one another.

"The moment you have all been waiting for has arrived! The final match of the World Martial Arts Tournament! This here's a showdown between two Saiyans! Whatever that means! This curious tribe of people with tail have invaded our tournament and are now ready to clash! Just who will win this showdown!?" the announcer did his thing and hyped the crowd up. He filled his speech with meaningless banter just to invite those that have wandered off too far in the Papaya Island could hear the rumble of his voice and find their way back to the main attraction.

"Good luck, Goku, win it for sure!" Krillin cheered for his friend.

"Chayote's a tough cookie but I'll do my best!" Goku nodded with childish vigor.

"Are you listening, old man?" Chayote closed her eyes and thought in a manner that she thought would be the best suited for a telepath to listen in to. There was nothing. If Korin truly did teach Muten Roshi this technique, how come the old cat didn't teach it to Chayote too. It seemed like it was quite important and useful.

The Saiyan teen walked out into the arena and approached the edge, looking right at the wing of the audience where she had seen Bulma and her friends watch the matches earlier so that Muten Roshi could catch her need to talk. Deep down in her thoughts, Chayote repeated the question.