The Daring Hostage Situation

"Whaaa! West City is huuuge!" Goku shrieked out in both excitement and surprise. Chayote was not aware that her fellow Saiyan had not yet been in this place or, possibly, any of the other larger Earth cities, since, had he been there, he'd have not been nearly as surprised by this show of technological advancement and Earthling ingenuity.

"It is incredible..." Artificial Human No. 8 nodded in agreement. Whereas, in the beginning, the meaty giant reserved himself to shouting, crying and begging for the speedy flight to stop, by now he had gotten used to this method of transportation and resigned to observe the marvels of the world he was walled off from for far too long.

While looking at this artificial creature that Chayote used to consider pathetic and look down on in anger and irritation because of its dismissal of all violence altogether unless his mind was entirely lost in the moment, the girl felt a nagging feeling of warmth in her chest that prompted her to touch it from the outside and try to squeeze to her own flesh through the entirely too small furry jacket she was wearing.

"We're lucky that Chayote's here with us. I'd have gotten lost in this place!" Goku turned to Chayote with a smile, which made the teen Saiyan leap up startled by the sudden realization she was in the focus of attention and that she could not just wander off in her thoughts and inner trips to self-discovery.

"Some friend of Bulma's you turned out to be." Chayote cut back, trying to sound for what she had made sound normal for her. "Never even visited her once?"

"I've been pretty busy. When we were looking for the Dragon Balls the first time we didn't get the chance and after I've been training with the old-timer. Then the tournament and... Well, I'm doing it now." Goku laughed out after a rather reserved period of recollection. "Is something wrong?" he wondered looking at Chayote who kept staring at her right foot and acting as if she had lost her balance and was about to slip off of the Kinto cloud.

"No, it's... Nothing, although I could have sworn my right foot nearly plunged through the cloud." Chayote grunted before getting the handle of the cloud. The pair directed their Kinto to blitz right at the massive dome of Capsule Corp and landed outside. Kinto lowered beside Goku, letting the frightened Artificial Human No. 8 to also get off of the cloud.

The pair of Saiyans approached the door and saw it open in front of them. The familiar face of the receptionist twisted in aggravation when she saw Chayote. Her sights kept switching between Chayote, Goku and Artificial Human No. 8 and, frankly, nobody could have blamed her, they were an odd trio to be certain.

"Back again with your delinquent gang?" the receptionist acted brave as her hand hovered above some button on her table. Likely the one that would have called for reinforcements.

"I suppose." Chayote scratched her head, she was not entirely sure about how she should have gone around correcting that suggestion. "Can we see Bulma?"

"Bulma is away." Dr. Brief introduced himself, walking out from a corridor to the right as he raised his hand in a welcoming gesture that appeared similar to the way in which Bora and Upa welcomed people that were not to be scared away or killed for entering the Sacred Land. "She's at the Kame House with her boyfriend."

"Tsk." Chayote exclaimed in frustration. She was not all too fond of the idea of visiting that lot. Plus, it was unlikely that Bulma would have been in the mood of fixing Artificial Human No. 8 there or had the appropriate tools.

"Who's this?" Goku pointed at Bulma's father.

"Little boy, don't you know it's rude to point fingers at people!?" the receptionist jumped up in place in offense by that blunt gesture.

"It's Bulma's father. Bulma's father, this is Son Goku, Bulma's friend. Hmm..." Chayote scratched her chin. "From what I recall, you are quite a genius yourself, right?" the Saiyan asked the scientist.