Roommates

______________________

Author's Note:

I have released a new book called "The Wild Child". I have been working on it for over two years and would like some feedback on it. It's a different kind of book than the ones I've read on Wattpad. I upload chapters every day or every other day. Many of you guys look Brooklyn, and hopefully, you'll fall in love with the main characters of my new book. So, it'll mean a lot if that book would receive the same kind of love this one has. Thanks again for sticking with me.

-Spencer_Lorenzi

_______________________

Emma's POV:

Sometimes, the best thing that can happen to a person is getting a fresh start and ignoring the past. Sometimes, all that can help heal a wound is distancing yourself from what could have been and focus on what can be.

Brook was one of the few people in this world that didn't necessarily deserve it but rather needed it to be happy. That was something though that only Brook could figure out for herself, and even though I could try to help her the best I could, it was entirely up to her. That's why I brought her home with me, to help her ease into whatever life she wanted to live. Hopefully, it could calm her nerves and get her into a healthy routine. So, when she asked if I wanted to join her in going to school early so she could go to the library, I agreed.

Surely though, I wasn't too keen on waiting up early, but I would rather her be with someone than with no one. That's why I was currently laying my head on the palm of my hand, watching Brook type away on the computer.

After the ordeal with her parents, we went straight back to my house. Brooklyn didn't have much with her but the clothes on her back. Because of this, she had to use a computer in the library as well as borrow some of my clothes. The clothes I gave her were baggy on me but fit her perfectly. For the first time in a while, she looked like an average teenager. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, and she wore no makeup, allowing everyone to see her freckles. I was still not used to seeing them as she almost always made an effort to cover them. As for the clothes she was wearing, she wore a simple white t-shirt under a grey jacket with sweatpants. Since we didn't have the small size shoes, however, she wore the same shoes from yesterday. Thankful they were white Adidas shoes so that she could walk with ease.

I couldn't help, but like this look on her, it made her seem more approachable.

"I'm glad I sent my information ahead of time to the university because it'll be a bitch to get the documents from my parents," Brook said, speaking up, as she continued to look at the computer.

"Yeah, well, if I talked to my mother the way you did, I would be lucky to be doing anything," I mumbled, still somewhat sleepy.

Raising one of her eyebrows, she took a glance at me before turning her attention back to the screen.

"I don't think there will ever be a situation where you'll act the way I do. You're too kind."

"You say that if it's a bad thing," I responded.

Shrugging her shoulders, Brooklyn let out a sigh before turning her chair to look at me, a small smile on her face.

"It's not by any means."

Smiling at Brook, I leaned back into my chair, allowing myself to close my eyes.

"Tired?" Brooklyn asked.

Nodding my head, I mumbled out a soft yes.

"Come on. Let's go sit on the couch, you can lay your head on my lap," Brooklyn said.