Hopes and Wonders

Brooklyn's POV:

Finals. The last stretch in high school.

Now, I wouldn't bore you with the details of my morning and afternoon but, let me tell you just one thing; there were many of my classmates that I don't think are going to pass their exams.

One being Aaron.

I almost had to do a double-take when I saw him coming to join me in the classroom designated for students that were allowed extra time for their exams. Normally only people who were diagnosed with certain diagnoses such as ADHD or diabetes were assigned to said classrooms so they could take breaks and whatnot. I was assigned, however, not because I usually needed the extra time, but because I was on new medications that hindered me slightly. I did however, have to provide documentation by my psychiatrist to George stating what the side effect of my meds did to me. George meant favor me in some instances but not enough to give me special pecs, which was understandable.

Nevertheless, I was able to finish all my exams while before the others, and even though I didn't know why Aaron was in this room, I had a feeling his parents were behind it. As I passed by him to leave, I noticed he was struck doing his math exam, his eraser close to a stump at this point, and his hair was being clenched between his fingers. I wanted so badly to help release his tension, but what could I have done?

Go up to him and try to ease his worry in the middle of an exam? Nope, that would just lead to me getting in trouble and I did not want to be accused of cheating, so instead, I just gave his shoulder a squeeze before leaving.

I could only hope his standing grade was strong enough that his final exams wouldn't hinder him. Besides hoping he would do well, I couldn't do much, and seeing as I had to do several things today, I tried to put that thought in the back of my mind. Instead, my focus was on finding Emma who told me she would be waiting for me in the parking lot.

She had finished probably an hour before me with the other seniors but was still kind enough to wait around. That's why I didn't really focus on Aaron too much.

My focus was on sneaking up to the brown-haired girl who was talking to Chloe, Jenna, and Hanna near my car. Being quiet with my steps, I made my way over to the group, and when Emma was about to turn around, to see what caught the other's attention, I grabbed her and spun her around in the air. Immediately she grabbed my arms that were around her waist and laughed.

"Brooklyn! Stop!"

"I thought it was every girl's dream to be swept off her feet?" I said as I continue to spin her.

"This is not the definition of swept! You're spinning me around like a doll!" Emma responded as she giggled.

"Well if it's any consultation, you're my doll princess," I said as I finally let her go, placing her gently on the ground.

"Why can't you greet me like a normal person?" Emma said as she turned around to face me, a smile on her face.

"What about me screams normal to you?" I said as I made a face before looking at the other girls.

"Not much," Emma responded before grabbing my hand and walking back over to the group.

"What took you so long?" Chloe asked when I was in front of her.

Shrugging my shoulder, and letting go of Emma's hand so I could put it around her shoulders, I responded.

"I was allowed extra time to take my exam."

"Why?" Jenna asked as she brought Hanna closer to her.

Squinting my eyes at her, I was about to respond when I noticed that the girls had placed their stuff on the top of my car's hood.