Ouch

Brooklyn's Pov:

You ever been in that position where you're in class and your staring at someone and you're just like;

"Look at me. Look at me. LOOK AT ME!"

Yea? No? Well, I should have.

Grabbing the front edge of my desk, I was mentally sending signals to the back of Jenna's head so she could turn around. I was squinting my eyes and leaning forward.

Maybe if I...

"Knight, have a problem with your chair?" A voice said catching my attention.

Finally Jenna turned around along with the rest of the class.

"No Ms. Baker just eager to learn." I mumbled as I slowly leaned back.

"Oh really? Wow well ok, if you may, what was your favorite part of the book, The Crucible?" Ms. Baker asked with wide eyes and an even wider smile.

Mumbling to myself, I slowly stood up, since in Ms. Baker class we have to stand up to speak.

Believe it or not, I actually liked English just not when I'm busy sending death glances at the back of someone's head.

Thinking about the book, I smirked knowing how to talk to Jenna indirectly.

I'll use the dialogue of the story.

Slowly walking up to Jenna, I noticed how Ms. Baker stare at me intensely.

"Abby, I never give you hope to wait for me." I said slowly as I dragged my fingers on Jenna's desk.

Frowning at me, Jenna didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.
Grabbing her book, I turned it to page 22 and gave it to her.

Ms. Baker however, was enjoying this, a smile on her face that reach both her ears.

"You know me better." I said as I chuckled.

Clearing her throat, she looked down and frowned as she read the next part.

"I know how you clutched my back behind your house and sweated like a stallion whenever I come near! Or did I dream that? It's she put me out, you cannot pretend it were you. I saw your face when she put me out, and you loved me then and you do now!"

Deciding not to go line by line, I decided to skip a few of them.

"I may have looked up."

"Um....And you must. You are no wintry man. I know you, John. I know you. She is weeping. I cannot sleep for dreaming; I cannot dream but I wake and walk about the house as though I'd find you comin' through some door."

"Abby, I may think of you softly from time to time. But I will cut off my hand before I'll ever reach for you again. Wipe it out of mind. We never touched, Abby." I said as I leaned down, hands on her desk, hoping she got the message I was trying to sent.

Clentching her jaw, she stared at me and frowned.

For a moment, the whole class was silent as if understanding what was going on.

A few of them were turning their pages trying to find the dialogue between Abigail and John that we were reciting to see what would be said next.

As if Jenna was about to say something, Ms. Baker quickly started to clap.

"Ah I have never seen a student recite a dialogue from any book from memory."

She walked over to me, and I could feel her hand on my shoulder.

Now don't get me wrong, Ms. Baker is a sweet old lady but she has a hard time understanding when something is wrong.

"What a wonderful part you could have chosen!"