Head Injury

Brooklyn's POV:

It was like a switch went off in my body because one moment I was in a deep sleep and the next, I was waking up.

I couldn't help the groan that slipped out of my lips as my head started pounding. It felt like a professional baseball player mistook my head for a baseball and swung at the back of my head.

I slowly started to open my eyes and to my surprise, I was in the nurse's office instead of an actual hospital.

The light coming from the ceiling was starting to bother my eyes but after a while I started to adjust to it.

I tried to lift my left hand so I could touch the back of my head but for some odd reason it was heavier than I remember.

Slowly turning my head, I soon frowned.

"Who the fuck is sleeping on my arm?" I thought to myself.

Trying to see the person face, I realized they were wearing glasses.

"Emma?" I called out as I shook her gently with my other hand.

Emma slowly started waking up and when she did, she quickly got off my arm.

"I'm sorry." She quickly said.

Chuckling I responded. "Don't worry about it, I can still feel my arm."

"No, not about that, I mea-"

"Oh look who's finally awake." The nurse said, interrupting Emma as she walked into the room.

"Yea, but I'll prefer to be asleep; my head still hurts a lot."

"Well that's because you hit it. You're lucky your forehead didn't have a nasty bruise."

Frowning, I lifted my hand to touch my forehead.

Yep, it hurts.

"Yea what's up with that? What happened?" I asked the nurse.

"I'm sure that young lady there can explain that to you. In the mean time, I'll call your parents so they can pick you up." The nurse said before she left the room.

Turning my head, I looked at Emma.

"So what's up?" I asked as I slowly sat up.

Biting her bottom lip as she readjusted her glasses on her face, Emma then opened her mouth to speak.

"The principal called my teacher telling her that he needed to see me. When I got up to go to the door I didn't know you was outside so when I was opening it you ran straight into it." Emma said as she looked down at the ground.

Nodding my head, I opened my mouth to respond.

"Wow, this is the longest conversation we've ever had; I'm starting to think you like me." I said while smirking.

"Are you okay?" Emma asked, completely ignoring my flirting.

Thinking about it, I responded.

"Well the injury to the back of my head is beastly but I'll be fine. I'll just go home and rest after I let the soccer coach know I won't be able to go to practice."

"Um, don't worry about that, the principal already told him what happened to you." Emma said quietly.

Nodding my head, I slowly started to get out of the bed causing Emma to quickly get on her feet.

"I don't think you're supposed to do that." Emma said.

"Nonsense, I'm pretty sure I can." I said as I finally stood up.