Toothbrush

Edited by: shapeshiftinggoddess
_______________________________________

Brooklyn's POV:

With Wednesday passing by and Thursday as well, it was finally Friday which meant there was only two more days left to deal with for me to win the bet. Ms. Sparks told me that if I wanted to, I could go to school but I had to make sure to cover my mouth and not share my food with anyone.

I honestly, didn't want to go, but, I didn't want to keep depriving Emma from her studies since she really enjoyed going to school and seeing her friends. With a heavy heart, I found myself dragging my legs all the way to school, but, it was all worth it when I saw Emma's smile widen when she saw her friends.

"I'll see you during lunch okay?" Emma said as she slowly turned to me.

Smiling, and nodding my head, I watched as Emma walked over to her group of friends before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Why, if it isn't the knight in shining armor of Tiger Bridge High school." A male voice said as they lightly shook my shoulders from behind.

Chuckling and turning around, I looked into the brown eyes that Chloe fell in love with.

"Aren't you a little too old to be hanging around in a high school?" I asked as I raised one of my eyebrows.

Rolling his eyes at me, he gave me a smile before crossing his arms over his chest.

"Chloe left her phone in my car, so, I was looking to give it to her but I saw you and I wanted to see how you were doing first ."

Awe, sweet.

"I'm okay, but, I feel all itchy and gross." I said as I rubbed one of my shoulders.

Nodding his head, he reached out and grabbed my book bag before gesturing with his head for me to follow him.

"So I heard about that bet you made with Emma." Brian said as he licked his lips and continued to look around for Chloe.

"Yea, I'm just trying to get her attention." I mumbled as I continued to follow Brian.

"Buddy, you are doing it so wrong, girls don't like feeling like prizes." Brian said as he stopped walking and turned to look at me.

Shrugging my shoulders, I opened my mouth and responded.

"I don't exactly know much about girls and relationships." I said as I scratched the back of my neck.

"Girls like the little things, take Chloe and me for example. I can never compare to the kind of things other guys here can afford to give to her when it comes to materials, but, I always make up for it by giving her my all. Honestly, relationships aren't hobbies so if you are just after Emma just because she's gorgeous, it's better if you leave things alone."

Nodding my head, I smiled at Brian before showing him where Aaron and Chloe usually hang before school started. When we finally got to their hang out, I could literally see Brian's eyes light up as he called her over. Instantly, Chloe turned her head and smiled as she called Brian 'Pookie Bear' before walking over to us. Aaron, however, wasn't there yet.

"Pookie Bear?" I questioned while I chuckled.

"Shut it." Brian said through clenched teeth as he continued to smile. Bending over a little and opening his arms, Chloe walked into them allowing Brian to hug and pick her up.

"You left your phone in my car." Brian said as he finally placed Chloe down and pulled out her cell phone from his pocket.

Grabbing her phone, she smiled at him before finally looking over to see me; her smile widen even more at this point.