Deep Talks

Happy 7-day late birthday Brooklyn. P.S Edit somewhat :) Oh well.

Brooklyn's POV:

"I mean it, Brooklyn!"

"Just... give me a second Emma."

"No! Just sit still!"

"Well shit Emma, what do you want me to do, use my dam hands?!"

"No cause clearly that's the reason we're in this mess."

Huffing, I crossed my arms over my chest before ceasing all movements. Unbeknownst to me, there was a reason for the design of a tandem kayak and if I had known, I wouldn't have turned around in my seat to look at Emma.

In my defense though, I didn't like Emma talking to the back of my head, so I figured we could paddle while looking at each other. That was definitely not a smart move as when I was bringing the paddle out of the water to paddle, I smacked Emma's right out of her hand and instead of reacting fast enough, I just stared at it, as it drifted away. I then had the brilliant idea to tried and reach for it with my own only for the sneaky bastard to slip right out of my hand when I smacked the water to create a riffle. I was once again gobsmacked when I saw the paddle in the water instead of in someone's hand that I just watched it float away, bobbing up and down in the water.

That's how Emma and I ended up just in the middle of the lake floating around in a very uncomfortable and small kayak. What would have made the situation slightly manageable however was if I could at least admire Emma in her bikini but she refused to take off her life jacket since she didn't know how to swim all that well. I on the other hand took that shit right off and was now trying to use it to get the paddles that unfortunately were going in the opposite direction of the kayak. I was this close to just jumping off the kayak and swimming over to grab them, but every time I tried to stand, it cause the kayak to move and Emma was not having it.

"Emma come on my poor skin can't handle the sun anymore. Let me just get into the water to get the paddle."

"You're gonna tip the kayak Brook, you weigh more than me."

"No I won't, I'll just slide off," I said.

"Oh? And how are you going to get back on it without tilting it?"

"You'll just lean the other way," I said as I rolled my eyes before tossing her my life jacket.

I was no Michael Phelps but I knew how to swim so I wasn't worried about diving straight into the lake.  Slowly standing up and turning around, I didn't bother addressing Emma's protests as I dived off the front of the kayak and straight into the lake. I wouldn't say I was one to love being in the water but I wasn't about to just float around in the middle of the lake getting cook by the sun. Unlike yesterday, today the sun was out and there was no coverage provided by the clouds since there were none. As soon as my body was submerged in the cool water, I slightly hissed as it felt harshed against my sunburn skin. Groaning, I made quick work in swimming over to grab the paddles and made my way back over to the kayak. Tossing them into the kayak, I told Emma to lean back towards the rear while I carried on top of the bow of the kayak. I surely looked like a sad sack of potato flopping into the kayak while hitting my chin in the process.

"Why, aren't you quite the catch. What kind of fish are you?" Emma asked as she chuckled at her own joke.

"Ha-ha you're so funny Emma," I responded as I tried to correct my posture. I had to move slow as I rotated, trying to lean back into the front seat so I could stretch my legs out in the cockpit. Once again I groan as soon as my back touched the seat causing me to arch.

"We should head back Brook, maybe put some aloe vera gel on your burns?" Emma said.

"Did you bring any?" I asked as I started paddling.