Pinpointing and Mapping

Brooklyn's POV:

If you have ever wonder what's the best way to end a great weekend date with your partner, I got five words for you; spontaneous musical and film reenactments. I'm talking about going all out, having a speaker, blasting the songs or lines of a movie, while you take film of one another, goofing around the city.

After forcing Emma to wake up early so we could head back to Los Angeles, I put my plan of charming her into play. I of course said my goodbyes to Melanie and decided to follow her on Instagram since she already knew who I was. Afterward, I made it a mission for Emma and me to be anyone but ourselves. All throughout Sunday, I spent the whole day taking Emma to different locations where they filmed musicals or movies. The first place I took her was to John Marshall High School in Los Angeles and despite the famous bleachers and lunch area, it took me singing the opening of Summer Nights from Grease for her to get it. Afterward, it was a game of her guessing the musical and singing along with me.

Obviously, with Grease I sang Danny's part and she sang Sandy as it was only fitting.

We even sang You're the One That I Want which I loved since we even reenacted it out and despite the lack of props, we made do with what we had.

The next place, which was a given as it was only 30 minutes away, was to this place known as "Cathy's Corner" off Mt. Hollywood Drive. Why? Well, for those who are inexperienced with musicals, that's where they shot A Lovely Night from the film La La Land. Emma knew right away which musical it was when she saw the little bench they used in the scene. We sang a little but I wanted to film us trying the dance they did, and after about 30 minutes of practicing it, Emma nailed it, while I, I was eh. I was amazed at how quickly she picked it up, but she eventually told me that she used to take dance classes, so while she was perfect, I was somewhat stiff. If only I could show you the films we took, you would have surely laughed at my poor attempts at dancing.

The next destination on our list was The Greek Theatre which was right around the corner from "Cathy's Corner". Now, I won't lie, this next spot was a bit more emotional for me.

This one was from the musical A Star is Born starring Lady Gaga, and Bradley Cooper and the song sung at this location was Shallow. This time around, I looked out to the empty stadium instead of Emma, and just sang. Soon Emma joined me, singing Lady Gaga's part and after a while I let her take over. There was less dancing during this number but let me tell you, Emma was able to sing the exact emotions I was feeling. I was no singer, that was a given, but Emma was, and hearing her just let loose was gorgeous.

After that song, we took a moment to relax and really take everything in, giving a bow to the thousands of empty seats, before we continued with my little game. The next portion of our day was just as exciting as we reenacted movie scenes and I made sure we started with the best one, Pretty Woman.

I don't even have to mention which scene I had to beg Emma to let me do. Unfortunately, though well I was hyping myself up, I came to find out that the original store that Julia Roberts did her scene in, up and left. It was now owned by another company and although it didn't feel the same, I still begged the workers to let me do the scene.

Of course, they said no but! I rolled with it and thankfully Emma was filming. I took out my wallet while saying Julia Roberts' famous line before flashing them cash, and leaving.

Obviously, I turned right back around and thanked the worker, who was not happy with me. I of course slipped him a fifty for his trouble before once again leaving. Was it worth it? Eh, not really but I caught the scene on film and that's all that mattered to me.

Afterward, we just continued taking videos in locations where they filmed movies, such as the beaches from Baywatch. Emma even joined me when I mimicked the slow run. When we completed the list, we finished our day by going to different places to eat and taking cheeky films at tourist sites like the Hollywood sign.