Last Name

Emma's POV:

For a person of my status waking up under the covers of a king size bed with sheets exported exclusively from Italy or Spain was never a thought that I believe would occur. Adding to the disillusion was how the cold air from the AC was blowing directly onto my face, something that my own AC in my room never did. This along with the sleep that I had last night was proof enough that there was clear different on how luxurious you can live when you have more money than when you were simply wealthy enough to get by.

Slowly rolling onto my side, I allowed myself to stretched my legs as I took in the sleeping figure next to me. For the first time in a long while, Brook looked to be in bliss, not having a care in the world.

Everything about Brook simply screamed gorgeous including all her little flaws that in terms made her face that much more beautiful. Brook had a small scar above her left eyebrow that I wasn't aware of until this very moment along with a scar under her chin as well. Brook also had a few freckles on her nose that in terms weren't that noticeable unless you truly looked at her.

I couldn't help but take the time to compare her to her parents and I knew right away she looked just like her mother, Michelle. The only difference, however, was that Michelle's face probably didn't have little scars and had eyes that weren't as welcoming as Brook's were.

As I continued to look at Brook it seemed as if she felt someone staring at her because it wasn't long before I was staring into green eyes. Instantly, she smiled at me before she pulled back a little to speak.

"Good morning."

Smiling I greeted her back.

"How long have you've been awake?" Brook asked as she slowly got out of bed.

Following her lead, I got out of the bed and decided to head to her bathroom to brush my teeth since I didn't want to taste my morning breath any longer than I had to.

"Not long, just a couple of minutes."

"Well okay. There's extra toothbrushes under the sink," Brook said as she started stretching.

The sounds that left Brook's mouth were extremely adorable and for a second it remembers me of a little puppy.

I couldn't help the smile that was plastered on my face as I looked at her before heading to her bathroom. Grabbing som clothes to change into from Brook's wardrobe I then proceeded to close the bathroom door behind me so I could take care of my business before proceeding to brush my teeth.

All in all, it took me roughly 5 minutes before I exited the bathroom so Brook could proceed and do the same things.

Taking a sit back on her bed, I crossed my legs before waiting patiently for Brook to finish using the bathroom.

Knowing Brook she would probably take a couple of more minutes than I did in the bathroom since she was the type of person to put about 5 different products on her face.

I continued waiting patiently for before I heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Brook, darling are you up?" Someone said as they slowly opened the door before peeking their head inside.

The voice belongs to none other Bryce, Brook's father.

The second we locked eyes, Bryce seemed to be taken aback before he quickly recovered.

"Goodmorning dear," Bryce said as he smiled at me warmly.

Smiling back at him, I gave him a shy wave before responding.

"Goodmorning to you too Mr. Knights, Brook's currently in the bathroom."

"No need to be so formal darling, just call me Bryce. Mind if I could inside?" Bryce said as he gave me another smile before scratching the back of his neck.