Warm

Edited by: shapeshiftinggoddess
_______________________________________

Brooklyn's POV:

If I could choose one word to describe this morning, it would be  'nightmare'. My back was aching from laying down on Emma's bed which lack a serious mattress and the clothes that Emma loaned me were okay except for the pants since I was taller than her. However, the one thing that killed me the most is that we had to walk to school which was 15 minutes away. The only good thing about this whole thing is that I left all my school stuff in my locker since I never brought it home with me on the weekends.

It just wasn't my style.

When Emma and I finally got to school, she told me to behave before separating from me to find her friends. I was currently face down on a table in the library trying to get as much sleep as I could. Emma liked to be at school at 7:30 exact which I didn't understand since school starts at 8.

"So what is it now? Another hang over?" I heard someone say.

Slowly looking up, my greenish/yellow eyes met dark brown eyes. My frown instantly turned into a smile.

"Daniel!" I exclaimed as I got up and tackled him into a hug. Daniel simply chuckled but hugged me back lightly.

"You left some drool on the table that I have to clean now." Daniel said as soon as he let me go.

Rolling my eyes at him, I sat back down on the chair and looked at him.

"I haven't seen you around school, where have you been hiding?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Cleaning other parts of the school." Daniel said as he slowly scratched his chin which was covered with his beard now.

"How's your daughter?" I asked. His smile instantly grew.

"She's okay, she's been doing great in school, counting all the way to 100 now." Daniel said.

"Ah talented kid you got there, when I was 5 I was too busy crying to actually pay attention to anything they tried to teach me."

Rolling his eyes at me, he gave me one more smile before telling me he had to go so he could clean other spots of the school. Before he left, however, I told him about the bet I made with Emma which caused him to laugh telling me that he wished me luck because it was hard adopting to a middle class life style after living a glamorous life. All I could do was shrug my shoulder and watch him leave.

The rest of the morning followed suit with me trying to pay attention in my classes so I didn't fall behind. School was always easy for me so I knew I wouldn't fail but I still didn't want to lower my GPA, it was at it's perfect state.

When the bell finally rang for lunch I knew I was hungry but once I went to get my food I knew I would have to choose something simple since my budget for the week was just 40 dollars. I decided to go with chips, a soda and an apple since it only cost around 3 bucks. Taking my food, I took it over to a table and began eating right away. I didn't have time to eat breakfast like I usually do since I refused to wake up when Emma told me too.

While I was eating my food, I noticed that people started sitting next to me but I paid them no attention, I was just hungry.

"Is that all you're going to eat?" I heard someone say.