Sneak Peek

________________________________

This is a sneak peek into Sydney's spin-off. The title will remind a secret for now, but here's a quick insight into it. After this chapter reaches 100 reads, however, I'll be removing it, so if you're one of the lucky 100, congratulations. If you care to read the spin-off, here is a small part of a chapter. 

________________________________

"So, who are we hiding from?" Someone whispered from across the table.

Turning to look at the person, I watched as they leaned forward, their head looking out of the window, as I was, trying to see if they could identify the person I was trying to avoid. They had their long brown hair in a ponytail and sitting on top of her head was a visor. For a shirt, she was wearing a loose brown t-shirt, with what I believe was the logo of the Café on it. Leaning away from them, I crossed my arms over my chest, just waiting for her to look at me, and after a few seconds of me not responding, they turned their head to finally lock eyes with me. I kept my facial expression emotionless but the second we looked at one another, they smiled a toothy smile, and slowly leaned back into their seat.

Finally being able to see the person, I noticed right away that they had unique eyes; them being two different colors. The right eye was completely green, while the left one seemed to split into two colors, the other being a light shade of brown. It wasn't a smooth blend between the two colors, but the brown seemed to only take up 1/3 of her iris; failing to overtake the green portion.

In all honestly, it was somewhat hard to tell, but since she was sitting directly until the light, I could make the colors out perfectly. A unique trait for someone who looked somewhat average.

Deciding to entertain the female, I tilted my head as I took a stray of my hair in between my fingers.

"If I said the police would you turn me in?"

Her smile only widened as she teetered her head side to side before responding.

"Maybe, I mean you did just enter a store that is technically close. I can only imagine why they are after you," She said.

Raising one of my eyebrows, I looked at her for a moment, before sighing, and turning my attention back to the window, trying to see if I could spot Andrew. I was sure I had lost him a block away but knowing how punctual that man was, I wouldn't be surprised if he continued to sneakily chase after me.

"Well, if you're going to flee from the police you might as well have one last treat. I heard gorgeous people like yourself don't do well in prison," The female said with a light chuckle as she stood up.

Rolling my eyes, but smile slightly at the female's comment, I took the time to look around the café. It was a small store with a couple of tables that seemed to lack space between one another. There was, however, a medium-size counter with a bakery display close by that was currently turned off and cleaned out.

Overall, it was a nice little place if you wanted to be invisible to the outside world; a perfect place for someone like me that had dealt with a night of unwanted attention.

"Okay, so, we have two chocolate chip cookies, three Éclair, three different macarons, and one cinnamon bun. Oh! and I have one large coffee, half and half cream, with two sugar packages," The female said as she came back to the table with a book bag.

Looking at her, I watched as she fumbled with the pastries, taking them out of her bookbag, and placing them on the table before reorganizing them so they sat in-between us.

"I didn't know they allowed employees to take food from the store home," I said as I eyed one of the cookies.

"Mrs. Ferrara allows us if they're extras. She doesn't believe in throwing food away but if we don't want them, we have to. Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to give them out to the homeless," The female said as she took out an empty water bottle from her bag.