Eighteen

Edited by: shapeshiftinggoddess
_______________________________________

Emma's POV:

It was the day after the date that seemed like absolute bliss and for once, the smile on my face didn't seem to fade despite it being Monday; the first day of school out of the week. The smiled was plastered onto my face partly from remembering the night I had with Brook and the other part remembering how she greeted me this morning. She made sure I was fed and for once I felt like the princess she always seemed to call me by.

Of course, we had to go to school so after we finished eating, Brook gave me a new set of clothes for the day and then processed to tell me stories of her childhood. At times she struggled to remember but nevertheless she was able to tell me about herself. Just thinking about it caused me to smile as I pushed around my food on my plate.

Even though it was lunch and the place was filled with noises, the only sounds that seemed to catch my attention were coming from my friends. Looking up, I smiled a small smile and looked around the table. The only person who was missing was Brook but she told me she had to talk to one of her teachers before going to lunch.

As I turned to look at Aaron, I noticed that he was frowning while Chloe just so happened to rolled her eyes at him. Tuning into their conversation I was somewhat confused as to what they were talking about.

"Why do you always have to belittle my idea as if you know Brook better?"

"Because I can think like a girl."

"We both know Brook thinks like a straight horny boy; I'm telling you, she'll enjoy the idea."

"Not when all she can think about is Emma." Chloe responded as she started to eat her grapes.

"Oh right..." Aaron mumbled as he took a bite from her hamburger.

Hearing my name being mentioned in their conversation, I couldn't help but to be curious to what they were talking about.

"What are you guys talking about and why does it involve me?" I asked as I turned my head a bit to look at them both.

Chewing his food, Aaron tried to swallow it down before covering his mouth to speak.

"Because we are trying to come to an agreement about what to do for Brook's 18th birthday." Aaron responded.

"Wait, what?" I asked as I looked at Aaron. By now my other friends had turned their attention to the conversation I was having with Chloe and Aaron.

"It's Brook's birthday on the 1th of April, so... this Friday. " Chloe explained as she looked at me.

"That explains so much." I heard someone mumbled. Turning my head to see who it was, I noticed it was Jenna.

"Huh?" I said as I looked at her.

Taking her eyes off of Hanna who sat in front of her, Jenna turned to look at me.

"Brook's turning 18, no wonder there is so much buzz about her family's company. That would explain why she got exposed through the media as being the Knight's kid." Jenna said as she then turned to look at Hanna.

"Her mother would stop at no ends to get Brook to take over the company." Aaron said as he sighed before taking another bite from his burger.

"What does her age have to do with anything?" I heard Koby say as he stared at Aaron.

Smiling widely at him, Aaron was quick to responded.

"Because when you're 18 you are viewed as an adult and as an adult you can finally handle your own finance if you are making money. Once Chloe and I turn 18 the same will most likely happen but our birthdays are in the summer so we have a little bit of time to relax." Aaron explained as he looked at Koby.