Money

Brooklyn's Pov:

Completely and utterly useless was what I was feeling for the past 2 hours in my father's car as I stared out the window and tried my hardest not to make a sound.

When Aaron brought me back home after my little scene in the cafeteria he along with Chloe were pissed off. Aaron who is always talkative and bright was quiet and showed no emotions what so ever. Chloe didn't even try to look at me as she just averted her eyes from me.

When we finally got to my house, Aaron unlocked the door and before I could get out, he spoke up.

"Brook we're all tired of your games, grow up, they're not funny anymore."

For some reason, his words just keep echoing throughout my head and even as I sat in the same car with my parents and Sydney, I just couldn't stop thinking of them.

I ended up getting a good licken from my parents as my mother yelled at me nonstop while my father just stood there and shook his head in disappointment. For the first time in my life, I thought my mother was going to actually hit me but she just yelled.

The trip my father promised me to our beach house was almost off but my mother got involved and changed his mind.

The only reason for her doing so was because my mother already invited Sydney to join us and thought it would look poorly on us if we canceled on her.

Right away, I knew it was going to be a long weekend.

"Brooklyn, we're here, get out." I heard my dad say in a stern voice.

I of course knew that since I was staring out the car window but decided not to be a smartass.

When I got out of the car and closed the door, my father quickly locked it before walking to the trunk.

My mother and Sydney were having a conversation before my mother turned to look at me.

"Brooklyn, show Sydney around while I help your father unload the car." My mother said as she stared at me.

Trying my best not to roll my eyes, I walked over to them. My mother returned her attention back to Sydney before giving her a key.

When my mother finally left Sydney's side, I then approach her.

Once I stood in front of Sydney, I motioned for her to walk ahead so I can then follow suit.

"So, how you doing, Barbie girl?" Sydney asked with a chuckle.

Shrugging my shoulders, I just continued to drag my feet over to the house.

"Someone's not in a good mood. Is it because your Malibu lifestyle crashed?" Syndey said.

Once again, I just shrugged my shoulders and continued walking.

She seemed to get the hint I wasn't going to talk so she just walked over to the front porch and unlocked the front door.

I wasn't surprise; my mother seemed to trust Sydney more with the house's key.

Good call though, I would have locked them all out.

"Show me to my room, I want to take off my acessories." Sydney said as she walked inside.

Biting my bottom lip, I nodded my head and walked over to the staircase.

"Mommy and daddy really yelled at you, didn't they?" Sydney whispered in my ear.

Jumping slightly, I got startled by how close Sydney was to me. I could feel her cool breath on my neck but I just brush it off as I walked up the stairs faster.