⊰56⊱

My heart beats fast, holding onto Dot for as long as I can...

...purplish flecks and dark wisps suddenly lift around her body and mine, enthralling and wrapping me closer to her. Slowly, I pull back away from her, Hel's amethyst irises staring into mine, the surrealism of her presence overshadows my own. The vibrations continue to cause shock waves beneath my boots as Prince Rosier walks toward Kai, Acacia, and Titan, electricity sparking in the sky once more.

Rising to my feet, Hel also reaches her full stature. The once dark bruises that had formed, bones that were broken, they are renewed and healed once anew. Dot's clothes, they are replaced by a shadowy version of what an angel of death might appear as. Hel draws blades seemingly from the air, smoke encircling them as ash falls from the metal.

Hel stares me straight in the eye as she murmurs, "Don't blink."

My eyes widen the moment those irises fork over with the expansion of spiderwebs, just as Acacia's once had. In a split second, she disappears in front of me, reappearing right in front of Prince Rosier while she quickly slashes her blades, one eye spilling blood down the demon's chest and onto the ground.

Prince Rosier shrieks in agony, Hel appearing and standing in front of Kai, Acacia, and Titan. She turns to Kai, though I can't hear what they say before she then nods at Acacia and Titan. Seconds later, Titan clasps Acacia's hand and they disappear.

I'm startled briefly the second the twins appear next to me. Titan tells me, "We need to get Tresor and Wyn and get to the heart of the ruins."

I nod, reaching out and holding Acacia's free hand before I suddenly feel as if I'm being pulled through space and time like when Tresor had moved us initially here. We appear in front of Tresor and Wyn, my gaze lifting to see Kai and Hel pushing off the ground, while Kai draws the angry demon's attention, Hel disappears and then reappears at his side, slashing through the side of his neck with her blade. She manages to cut him...

...Acacia calls, "Come on, we need to get out of here," Wyn's wolf lowers his head, Tresor hardly able to move while they both manage to clasp onto her before we once again move, this time, appearing within the damaged ruins. Hidden from sight for the most part, Titan releases a quiet sigh.

Wyn's wolf stands by, guarding Tresor as he's barely conscious now. I walk closer to the side of the damaged ruins, glancing around the corner and seeing Hel and Kai moving quickly as they disorient Prince Rosier.

"Merle," Acacia stands behind me, turning around to see her look up at me with mixed emotions. She releases a small breath of air as she says quietly, "Something bad is going to happen. Hel said, we might need more help...when this demon falls."

Furrowing my brows, I question, "How?"

"Hel's right..." Tresor finally gains some consciousness back, leaning his back against one of the ruins as I see one of his wings is torn. He glances at me and states, "Prince Rosier will fall soon, I can feel..." as he coughs slightly, I'm angered slightly by the connection he has to Hel, though I fight all my anger down. He steadies his breathing and says, "Prince Leviathan, the First Hierarchy of the Prince of Powers will bring with him not only his power, though that of every lesser demon that Aeon controls."

Prince Rosier isn't even the head general of the demons...

...my heart constricts at the battle that will still lay siege.

Acacia looks to me and says, "Someone needs to give Tresor energy...because without him, I can't unlock a portal."

"A portal?" I shake my head in confusion.

"To bring others here...Dot wanted to protect everyone, though Hel says that we need those to help fight and distract the lesser demons," Titan is the one to bring his voice into this, his gaze lifting to mine as he walks toward Acacia.