⊰12⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

Mercury Thornton...

...the vampire who tried to defy my Queen and reenact the Code of Conduct.

That's the reason Dot is locked in Elysium, for defying the 'pardon' that Rose bestowed upon him. Dot changed Rose and the way she saw an innocent life...though she knows nothing of the trying times he put the world through.

If there was a way for him to change, Dot didn't see it right for him to live and have a second chance. I trust her judgment, considering the bloodline she comes from...but the hate and malice she exuded in that...form. It appears the way she took his life was much more personal than enacting the code...Wyn doesn't have that information.

Was that Dot's goddess form?

After all, she takes after her mother and father...but still...the similarities to Aeon is...

...uncanny to say the least.

Only Dot can tell her story.

Not only did I see that night the code ended...but I felt the pain Wyn carries through the years since that night. It's almost too much to tap into and experience, withdrawing my fangs from his wrist before my eyelids flutter open. His eyelids are closed, quickly looking him over to make sure he's okay, an—

"I'm so sorry!" Wyn is a flustering mess as he snaps his eyelids open and goes to cover his obvious restrained erection.

"Wyn! Stop!" The puncture marks are still wide open, and I've taken more than enough of his blood to know—

"I..." Wyn's eyes roll to the back of his head as he nearly passes out, collapsing back onto the bed.

Shaking my head and suppressing a chuckle at his embarrassment, I bit into my wrist, bringing it to his lips. He's not very responsive, aiding him as my blood slips between his lips and down his throat. The puncture marks on his wrist quickly seal and fade, nothing left behind. It'll take some time for him to fully recover, rising to my feet as I look down upon his sweetly sleeping form.

He deserves the world...

...though, I don't know if I'm capable of giving him just that.

Leaning down, I brush his hair back and kiss his forehead gently.

Christmas Eve, huh?

It's on my mind as I leave Wyn peacefully to rest while walking down the steps to the main level of the pack house. I glance over as giggles ensue over a game being played in the media room, Princess Edith playing with Jelena and a couple of boys. A pup walks by me and says, "Excuse me," before she heads into the room.

Jelena smiles and calls, "Sophia!"

They have their fun, looks spared in Princess Edith's direction as I still receive questionable ones from Aleksa and Coen. They stand near the kitchen, their gaze leaving me the second I glance at them. It's funny, I've felt stares for many reasons after what happened to father...

...but they'll never be as chilling.

No sense in bringing up the past when it's no longer my future. Perhaps, it'll be different this time around for my parents, perhaps...

"Here," I'm taken aback by a woman who positions herself in front of me and the main door. Furrowing my brows, she extends a mug, steam rising as I smell a hint of apple. She pushes, "Go on, it's hot cider."

"I..." my voice trails off as she rolls her eyes. Alright, I see they're trying to make peace and take strides. Taking the warm mug from her, I reply, "Thank you."