⊰33⊱

Of course...

...Hel.

She manipulated Princess Edith, but-

"How could you do anything within that cell?" I ask with confusion, "The runes didn't allow mag-"

"No," Dot speaks again, cutting me off. Princess Edith cowers close to me, holding the blankets tight to her chest as she stares at her sister in confusion. Dot continues, the siren tone clear, "The runes stopped the vessel's body from using magic, not the extent of what a god or goddess can do within the limitations the vessel has. How did you think that little peon of a dormant hybrid was so easily controlled? How did you think I could speak through her?"

I didn't think...

"Then why didn't you break Dot out?" I shake my head.

"As I said, we are bound by the vessel's limitations," Dot shrugs her shoulders and sighs, "that means, no matter what type of magic I can use, it conflicts with the vessel's limitations, meaning, her body could not break the chains that bound her physically, nor the runes that restricted her magic. You can't contain the powers of a god or goddess, though there are limitations."

So...

...I don't truly understand the extent of Hel's powers. She was able to reach out to Princess Edith, though how?

Princess Edith has tears in her eyes as she shakily moves off the bed. She walks around the foot of it, Wyn saying, "No, wait, don't go near-"

"You aren't my sister!" Princess Edith walks closer, apprehension clear on Wyn's features.

Do I stop her? What is going on?!

He connects with me. I have absolutely no idea...

I'm not sure.

Princess Edith is a foot away from Dot, staring up at her as she looks down, their gaze not breaking for a second. Suddenly, Princess Edith's features lift, and she sobs, lunging forward and wrapping her arms around Dot as she says, "I forgive you. I love you, more than all the stars in the sky...more than all the water in the oceans."

Dot's irises flicker briefly before they are replaced by the true born hybrid ones, gentle. She exhales sharply, her arms wrapping around Princess Edith as she cries, "I'm so sorry, Edith...I'm so sorry I hurt you."

"You didn't hurt me," Princess Edith snuggles her sister and smiles, "you just wanted us to be together...just like me."

No.

She doesn't understand that Hel used and abused her innate gift so that we would rush and free Dot. Hel is ready to morph Dot's form for herself...that is why she wanted out.

"I wish it was that simple," Dot replies, on the same wavelength that we all understand. Princess Edith, she still holds that childlike innocence and forming her own conclusions. It's precious, the love she has isn't contained by anything.

Now that we understand that it wasn't Princess Edith's wolf in this case driving her forward, it was the influence of Hel. We worried over nothing, my choice of placing Princess Edith in a coma, it did nothing. Hel wouldn't risk pushing too far in time to where Aeon takes on his true form and destroys everything...she just wanted attention, to light a fire under our asses and we fell for it.

Princess Edith though...

I think Edith is the key to keeping Dot sane, keeping her with us as she is.

As I connect with Wyn and share my thoughts, he nods silently.

There's only one other worry, I fear.