⊰30⊱

"They bitch and moan for someone who could destroy this world themselves," Reynard points a finger at Dot, though shifts his gaze to me.

Vexy moves her body to the side, waving her hand at him, "Then, is it not wise to provoke said power?"

Reynard lifts his chin and scoffs, "Hmph," he glances away and retorts, "Is she actually going t-"

He's cut off a split second later, laid flat out on the ground by his older sister in both years and power. With one hand, her claws are extended, the power radiating off her is incredible. She threatens her brother, "No, though I can easily do what would be beneath a vessel like her."

"Uh," Dot looks on at Vexy, the tails moving and swirling behind her as if ready to strike Reynard.

Vexy suddenly corrects herself, "How rude of me," she rises to her feet while Reynard cowers on the ground with wide eyes. She takes one more strike at her brother, "I know where your Star Ball is," the look that crosses both Vexy and Reynard's features are polar opposites.

Reynard takes off in a heartbeat, escaping as quickly as possible from the threat and wrath he incurred from his sister. Vexy flips her hair and rises to her full height, turning around and facing us both. I'm on edge, the power she holds is below Dot, though right up there with her father. One wrong move or offensive manner, and we're done.

"I...I've never seen a kitsune before," Dot's voice trails off as she takes a step toward Vexy. As Dot grew up in the same era as I, I'm sure she would have been— "Mother told me of a Vexial-"

Vexy moves forward and clamps a hand over Dot's mouth. Her eyes are wide as she warns Dot, "Please don't say that out loud...please."

Holy...

...Dot knows the true name of this kitsune?!

Dot slowly nods her head and Vexy pulls her hand away, stating, "I see...well, what do you want from me then?" Vexy releases a sigh and folds her arms, not expecting to be outsmarted I guess in the way she has been.

Dot furrows her brows and replies, "I don't want anything from you..." as her voice trails off, she continues, "...I just want to thank you, for everything you've done."

Vexy offers her a side-eye and replies, "Okaaaay...have we met? I honestly don't remember you and I'm fantastic with faces," she grins widely and shows her sharp teeth while smiling brightly.

Dot giggles softly and shakes her head, "I suppose not."

I wonder if her mother knew of this kitsune and perhaps dealt with her in the previous timeline. That would explain why Dot knows so much about Vexy, while just meeting her for the first time here.

Vexy's grin hardly faults as she moves closer to Dot and states, "You're a vessel for someone very precious and dear to us."

"What do you mean, us?" In the first to question as it looks like Dot is on the verge of breaking again.

"I wasn't talking to you," she throws me a stare, "true born," she says it with slight disgust, though not nearly as much as she probably would if Dot wasn't here.

"I'm her mate, so I think that qualifies me to question what you're going on about," my foot is down firm as I narrow my eyes at her.

Vexy tilts her head from side to side, though in the next moment, she has her clawed hand around my throat, my back against the side of the alleyway wall. Her eyes have a darkness to them, though she starts to giggle softly when she exclaims, "Oh! There you are, Mistress."

Wh-What?

I don't notice until I finally flick my gaze up over her head and notice Dot standing right behind Vexy. Dot's irises have shifted once again to heterochromatic colors that represent the goddesses beneath the surface. Dot's hand is clasped around Vexy's wrist, daring her to try and harm me.