⊰48⊱

It's been a few weeks, species coming together to help clean up and rebuild what was lost. I've hardly seen us grow together as we have, seeing Dot as she still is...for now...my heart rests easy. I already know what I must try and do for her. If anything, it can't hurt. I can only hope that if he agrees to help, it will give us the edge we need without jeopardizing Dot to Hel.

How does that work though?

If she has already made a deal with one of the goddesses that can occupy her, doesn't Thea at least have a say? She's been very quiet.

Overlooking from one of the cliffs, seeing Kai, Wyn, Dot...while they work, at least there is some easiness. It's odd, almost like the veil has sealed shut without must resistance. I don't understand how it suddenly has become strong once again, though I'm sure it has something to do with Acacia, perhaps those runes, they were keeping her innate spirit and magic from being able to do what she must.

She doesn't have her true self yes, so Acacia is not fully at her strongest...which means...

...Aeon will strike again. Perhaps, not fully himself just yet, craving and consuming energy for when he makes his move. That won't deter him from sending his legions across the veil and into our world without a moment's notice.

I release a sigh before turning to Nimue as she stands next to me, "The threat for the moment, is gone."

"You know it's not over," I look to her while arching a brow.

"I'm well aware of that," her gaze flickers to Vexy as she stands a few feet behind and to the side of me.

My gaze locks with Nimue's as I state, "I need help."

"Don't we all?" She tilts her head to the side with skepticism.

"Only help I can attain from a witch or warlock," my eyes light briefly, Dot's voice slipping through my mind, Is everything alright up there?

Yes, just trying to figure out our next move.

I see her turn and look up at me from after helping set a large stone in place for one of the builders, Merle...there's no other way.

What if there was?

Her eyes grow wide at this, though she's suddenly caught back up in helping faerie as magic is spewed throughout the area. Turning back to Nimue, I tell her, "I need a pendant for her..." my voice trails off at the softness that graces Nimue's features, "...Hel will take her vessel and mold it as her own physical form if I don't get her something to keep Hel at bay, or at least for Dot to have some control over it."

Nimue stares at me, sadness in her eyes, "Merle, I..." she glances away for a moment, wrapping her arms around herself as she informs me, "...I cannot."

"You can't or you won't?" The hardness in my features shows, and I know she's taken aback in the sudden change of my demeanor.

"I can't," Nimue holds my gaze this time, no lie hidden within her eyes as she explains, "it isn't just as simple as a witch or warlock creating such an amulet...for a god or goddess, it takes the highest strength in our not only class, though species. My uncle, he's the only one who can help with this if it is for...Dot." She murmurs softly, "I can't see him doing that though. He will be with his mate-"

"Consort, is the word I believe you are confusing with mate so easily," I cut her off and I hear Vexy giggle manically behind me.

"He got you good there, witchy," Vexy continues as she sways slightly with each movement.

Nimue looks to Vexy, and then back at me, before she admits, "His soul is tied to that of Hel's. He will do anything to have a physical connection to her...the real her. In doing so, he will also claim Thea, as they share a vessel and over time, she will break and fall as well. Caught in between the physical manifestation of the Goddess Hel...and the strength in the tie between her and my uncle...it's only a matter of ti-"