⊰21⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

My head...

My eyelids press tightly together, a groan leaving my lips as I slowly open my eyelids. It takes more effort than I would like, though it feels like I've been hit by another true born Alpha. When I lift my chin, I see a form on the floor at the foot of the bed, Wyn still unconscious, his body against the headboard.

A sharp exhale leaves my lips as I manage to gather myself to my knees, looking hard...

...where is Princess Edith?

What?

I don't understand...

I reach and grab one of the folded blankets on the chair nearest me, great energy is taken as I crawl toward the unconscious form on the ground. Setting the blanket over her naked form, I slowly sit back, rubbing my forehead. I can't think clearly or straight right now, ringing in my ears as I shake my head to try and clear it.

Wyn's heartbeat picks up slightly and I see him begin to wake. As he does, he catches sight of me, confusion set on his features as well.

Merle?

I breathe out quietly, "Are you okay, Wyn?"

It hurts my mind at this very moment, the connect causing severe pain to erupt. I cut Wyn off the second he tries to connect with me again, grinding my teeth together as my eyelids snap shut tightly together.

"Merle?!" Wyn calls for me, seeing as it's easier for him to move about, racing across the room toward me.

Why...why do I feel this way?

My healing is almost deteriorating in rate...

My voice is quiet as I tell him, "I'm alright."

"No, no you aren't!" Wyn begs and pleads with me, though he quickly asks with confusion, "Who is that? Where is Edith? What's going on, I-"

I don't remember anything else Wyn says, because the next time I open my eyelids, I'm staring up at a mute lighting on a medical bed. A kaleidoscope of colors erupts in my mind when I turn my head slightly, my jaw clenching as I groan.

Wyn's asleep on a chair, his head tilted back against the wall. I continue my gaze to the other medical bed, my gaze resting on her features. So...familiar...I.

"Merle?" Wyn asks, seeing him wake, rising from the chair as he comes to stand beside me.

I stare at him with confusion, asking, "What happened?"

"Merle..." his voice trails off and nods at the figure lying there on the medical bed, "...that's Edith...she...it's like...I don't even know how to explain, though she appears to have aged to that of a ten-year-old."

I sit upright immediately; my eyes widen open as I gasp.

How?

How is this possible?

Wyn lowers his eyes to the floor and tells me, "It's not just her...she might have aged only five years...but from what I've gathered from talking to Alpha Keir and Luna Laura, the way they speak and by the observation of the pups of the pack..." his voice trails off, his eyes filling with tears, "...it's been nine years."

"What?!" I exclaim, feeling as if a weight is pressing down upon my chest. I stutter, "N-Nine y-years?"

The last time this happened...

...our age wasn't affected.

What's causing this?

"Wyn!" My mind is racing, the pain from all this too much...for the first time in a long time, I feel completely and utterly overwhelmed. It eats at my heart, the bridge of my nose stinging before I suddenly see the shift in Wyn's eyes. It's not his wolf that greets me, though the god taking form within his vessel as his irises are white.