⊰16⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

Christmas morning.

I wake to Wyn cozy against my side, his arm loosely around my waist while his head rests against my pecs. A soft smile forms on my lips as I glance down at him, releasing a small sigh as I see the early morning sun cascade through the break in the white clouds. The light trickles in through the windowpanes, the curtains drawn back slightly.

"C-Can we just lie here?" Wyn's heartrate skips a beat as his breathing alters, waking to my change in breathing pattern.

"I wish," I chuckle lightly, running a hand through his hair, feeling his arm tighten around my waist. As I massage his scalp, I tell him, "Though, that wouldn't be fair to Edith."

Wyn releases a sigh and lifts his chin, looking at me with those captivating eyes, "I know...I just..." his features drop for a second and I furrow my brows.

"What is it?" I ask, seeing the troubling look sprawl across his face.

Wyn shakes his head, his gaze flickering from mine briefly, "It's just...every time I form some type of happiness...it's...taken from me."

Dot...

I shift up the headboard, sitting up as he slowly rises as well. Tilting my head to the side, I tell him, "I'm not going anywhere."

When the time comes for me to leave with Edith, you will come with me.

His eyes hold mine, feeling the connection.

I'm afraid to leave. I've had security here.

I know, it's asking a lot from you. However, our mate needs us and once I have some semblance of a plan, we will act.

Wyn nods and smiles, leaning forward as we kiss. When he pulls away, he releases a sigh.

Are you really planning on breaking into Elysium to free her?

Do you have a better idea?

Silence follows as Wyn slowly rising off the bed and dressing for the day. He shakes his head, looking back at me as I lean the back of my head against the headboard, "Talk to the Hybrid Queen?"

I narrow my eyes and question, "How well did that work out for our mate?"

As I question him, Wyn understands, crestfallen as he's been in this situation far longer than I have. There's just one difference, I don't plan on sitting idly by and letting time pass us. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be locked away, left alone, and betrayed by everyone who I helped. It won't surprise me in the slightest if Dot is unforgiving. They might be her family and perhaps, when she is reborn, she won't have to bear the memories of this...hopefully, one day, they'll understand exactly what she's done and continues to do.

There's just one question I have...

Wyn...how is it that they're able to keep Dot locked away? She's a vessel, surely Hel or Thea wouldn't want her sitting there...needless to say, how can they physically keep her there with the strength she possesses?

Rising from the bed, I get dressed, Wyn looking at me hard as he's trying to figure it out. Perhaps he doesn't—

I honestly don't know. The only thing I do know is that she originally was going to be placed in Elysium in good faith. The Hybrid Queen knew she couldn't physically keep Dot there...though when she extended her sentence, I can't see Dot willingly go. So...I'm sorry, I don't really know.

I nod. This is valuable information. I'm going to have to figure out exactly that question, though, perhaps Nimue might know or at least be able to give me the information I need in exchange for helping her and Tresor.