⊰32⊱

The stars shoot across the dark night sky overhead, Morpheus' gaze holding mine as he states, "We spoke once before about Edith."

I nod, recalling the moment when I made the decision to keep her in an induced coma. Replying, I state, "You mentioned she has an innate gift bestowed upon her by the Moon Goddess, taking time into her hands." I pause, furrowing my brows as I continue, "Dot pieced a few things together. She knows it can only be Edith's wolf that is driving her forward in using this gift, that it is giving her the force and energy she needs to do what she's doing." When I saw her wolf through her eyes, trying to force its way forward, way beyond the time that her body is ready to handle her first shift...everything makes sense.

"Dot would not be wrong," Morpheus releases a heavy sigh.

So...she was right.

"What does this mean?" I motion to the Lycan amulet that Morpheus manifested while I continue to dream.

Morpheus explains simply, "It means everything." He pauses while my heart skips a beat, his affirmation...chilling...as he states, "Edith's wolf is not a regular wolf. As you are aware, Lycans are the Moon Goddess' firstborn..."

"...a rough image of the raw power that Selene emulates..." my voice trails off, my heart beating fast, "...vicious, merciless, uncaring, unkind; driven by the power the moon holds over all of our transitions."

"Indeed," Morpheus nods, "in conclusion, Edith is a Lycan."

My eyes are wide open, unable to breathe regularly.

"Combined with the gift she's been given, it's a lethal force..." Morpheus' voice trails off, though his chuckle throws me off when he muses, "...it's almost like a deliberate message from the Moon Goddess. Perhaps, Edith is her messenger."

I shake my head in complete confusion, "Why would you say that?"

"Without the driving for of the Lycan within Edith, it could not trigger her gift with the force she's able to use it," Morpheus' explanation is only beginning, "it seems, the two work off one another. Without Edith propelling the time forward, you wouldn't have acted the way you did with urgency to seek out Dot-"

"How dare you say that," I rise to my feet, my hands clenching into fists as I glare, "Dot has and always will be my first priority."

"Then why did you wait so long to seek her out?" Morpheus arches a brow, matching me in height briefly before his stature overshadows my own.

The air catches my lungs, grasping my chest with one hand and the side of my head with the other. My gaze flickers everywhere around me, everything snapping in and out of focus.

"It was only when you were worried that Edith would cause an issue in timing with Aeon and everything else that needs to fall into place, that you immediately went to free Dot," Morpheus' voice feels like it's inside my soul, ripping me apart and stripping me of everything I believed I was doing...was for...

"I had to think...to get a plan-"

"No," Morpheus cuts me off, "no, you tell yourself that, though you only are waiting for Dot to fix everything. You stand as her hand, her guard, waiting for her orders and commands...you've done nothing aside from wanting to achieve this," Morpheus speaks, tearing me down once again.

I shake my head, tears falling down my cheeks as I yell, "Why would you say this?!"

"Is it not true?" He asks, walking out of sight, almost like a shadow. My dreams shift, flickering moments of the memories I hold from when we'd landed into this timeline. Every decision I've made is on full display.