⊰44⊱

I walk out of the room with Wyn and Kai, their features showing mixed emotions at my proposition. Wyn is hesitant as he asks, "What if she doesn't want us there?"

"Wyn has a point," Kai nods and speaks his own thoughts, "What if we get in the way?"

As much as I have had to take in the fact that Dot has continued to push herself away from me, and not even acknowledge Kai's existence, she needs us, even if she doesn't believe she does. She thinks she's separating herself from us all in order to not hurt and protect us, when in fact...

....my voice is even, "We are stronger together."

Kai furrows his brows and releases a sigh, leaning back against the wall near the media room entryway.

I turn to him and state, "Thee commander that followed under Arthur's reign," Kai looks at me with skepticism, though his features lift slightly as I continue, "you did things that you regret, now's your chance to truly make amends and heal the part of your soul that hates yourself for what you did. You are so strong to have been able to not only follow his orders...but to defy them."

Kai tilts his head back and forth while thinking and nods, "You have a point."

"And you," I turn to Wyn, his eyes lifting from the floor as they lock onto me, "you are the bravest wolf I know. The most kind, caring, and compassionate, beautiful soul that helped remind me, and show me, that I can do better. You helped Dot. You helped me...let's help the world, alright?"

Wyn's lips slowly lift into a half-hearted smile as he nods, "Okay," he furrows his brows a moment and questions, "you're not banking on Morpheus to do much, are you? He's not a warrior god like the rest of them..."

"Of course, not," I chuckle, moving forward and clasping a hand on his shoulder, "I'm counting on the bravery of a half-breed werewolf that was once dormant, that showed me what it truly means to be a mate."

"Awe," Kai tilts his head to the side, "you two are rather amazing."

Wyn's gaze drifts from mine as he looks to Kai and composes himself completely before he says, "It's not just the two of us anymore."

Kai chuckles and walks toward the two of us. He wraps his arms around our shoulders and glances from both before stating, "We might die."

"At least it's will be together..." Wyn's voice trails off as I shake my head. We all separate from one another before I release a sigh, taking a few steps away as Alpha Kaolin comes into the room with Kat. Princess Edith is standing with a soft smile on her face next to Eli and Luna Fayre.

Alpha Kaolin states, "I will keep the magic that protects us alive and well, though I cannot stop what my daughter wants."

I nod and reply, "I know how to get everyone where they need to be," I pause, withdrawing the amethyst stone that Nimue has given me from my pocket. I barely have to think about her, before I find her in the room with us.

Nimue glances around and says, "I believe you're ready to help us now?"

"More than ready," I nod, though I glance to Kat and Princess Edith, "we saw the broadcast, and understand from what Dot said, that Aeon is no longer present on this plane at the moment, correct?"

Nimue nods and says, "It seems that he's using bursts of stored energy. It's good and bad...the more energy he consumes before gathering enough to release his entire form upon this world, the less likely he'll hold enough at once to do this. In a sense, we're almost thankful for these attacks." Well, that's not exactly the answer I would have expected, though I understand where she is coming from.