⊰42⊱

"Well then..." is all Kai says, his voice trailing off as he sets down a third empty glass of blood he's finished off on the table.

While explaining everything to Kai; Eli and Luna Fayre had taken Princess Edith to get her new clothes, apologizes profusely to her, along with the sincerest apologies from Alpha Kaolin and his entire pack and coven. They learned a lesson, despite how they've welcomed in anyone and everyone without any questions asked regarding their past, they failed to accept the one individual who should have been the furthest from being judged.

With new respect, recognition, and understanding of Lycans, we move forward into the light further with this information. I'd been right alongside them, though my reservations toward the Lycan portion of Princess Edith's blossoming heritage turned me against her in a different way. The one difference? I'd listened and only wanted what she wanted.

Dot...

...Vexy says you're still there, though do you know what it is that you're sacrificing?

Your very soul.

"With the information given to you, I'm more than happy to share my blood memories so you have a greater detail account of this information," I acknowledge toward Kai. It's only fair. I don't want to keep secrets as I did with Wyn, though I won't let anyone else in as deeply...not right now while Hel is nearly the sole control over Dot. I only fear what's been said before about her taking and morphing Dot's vessel as Hel's own image, giving her a physical form that is not her true goddess stature.

Kai nods and leans back on the couch, stating, "Don't let the ocean drag me under with all this information..."

I chuckle, shaking my head, "Don't worry, it'll only help you understand more so the previous timeline Dot, Edith, and I have come from. If anything, any of those doubts, skepticism, and questions will be answered." Rising from the couch I sit across from him, I glance at Wyn who sits in one of the chairs. His gaze is vacant, staring off nowhere in particular.

Once again, his mate is separated from him, only this time...

...there's a very real tie and connection, a bond that will inevitably be shattered.

I only hope he understands that he has Kai and me to lean on. Yes, they haven't shown an entire interest toward one another, in fact, Wyn's reservation is more than likely rooted away, though I'm sure the god in him will draw an understanding and acceptance.

Sitting next to Kai, I pull back the sleeve on my arm and before I extend it to him, I note, "Fair warning, I have some darkness in my past..."

"Well..." Kai's voice trails off, "...you and me both." Furrowing my brows, he smirks and asks, "Were you not expecting that in return?"

"No, I just find it somewhat refreshing that I'm not the only one for once," I tilt my head to the side and chuckle. Wyn finds hardly any amusement, his gaze lifting as I also catch Princess Edith's scent when she heads back downstairs and skips over to the couch.

She looks at me and asks, "What'cha doing?"

"He's donating blood," Kai muses and I clear bite my tongue on the laugh that rises in the back of my throat. There's just something about him...he has an ease, an aura I'm sure that if Queen Acacia observed him, would show a new light.

Princess Edith scrunches her nose and points, "He's not hurt."

"Not that you can see," Kai winks at her and states, "sometimes, the hardest pain and hurt we live with, is not something that can easily go away, or be forgotten. I want to share that with him."