⊰43⊱

Eli rushes into the room from the adjoining media room, her eyes wide with fear as I also hear Alpha Kaolin distantly state, "How...?"

"You need to see this," Eli rushes while telling me frantically. I can hear Kat crying, almost in hysteria as Wyn, Kai, and I look to one another with apprehension.

Princess Edith exclaims, "Kat?!" She's already running toward the room, nearly knocking Eli over to comfort her new friend.

Quickly, we head into the media room behind Eli, seeing a mass number of individuals from Alpha Kaolin's pack and coven alike. Many are standing in complete shock, hands over their mouths as if they've seen—

"-most of the students who remained at Meliorist Sanctum, instead of returning home for winter break, have been evacuated," it's a reporter on the large television screen, the wind blowing her hair wildly around her body as the high school can be seen in the background. Parts of the buildings are broken, fire erupting in areas, while a few large craters can be seen strewn through the ground.

"It's Cypher! See!" Kat is crying as she sits next to her father, Luna Fayre looking on in horror as the sky lights up with different colors. Cypher can be seen near a group of students that have another reporter talking to them.

The reporter continues on, "Though members from the Vindicator Wardens Pack, and a few from the crown, no one has been able to cross back since the..." she fumbles slightly and states, "...acidic blood runes have been etched into the ground around the high school."

"Let's move now!" I recognize that voice, it belongs to Alpha Sebastian. The camera follows his voice as Cypher and the others are moved further away, though...

"No! Acacia is still in there!" My eyes widen, as the teenager looks like a more mature version of Titan. Alpha Sebastian grabs him and throws him over his shoulder as if he was a pup, rushing as another wave blasts and I can see the rippling effects it has.

As their distant yelling fades, the reporter looks to the camera and says, "That's correct...the Princess Acacia Arin-Valentine is the sole one left beyond the acidic blood runes." She pauses, as I notice Alpha Loki nearing the runes with another from his pack that I don't recognize, the reporter asking, "Alpha Loki, with your mate out of reach, have you been able to communicate with her in any form? Is the rumor spreading true? Is our world threatened by another god? We've been led to believe that those who are vessels are only good—"

"Get that fucking camera out of my face," Alpha Loki cuts her off as I see his eyes are shifting to that of the god within him.

Wyn exhales sharply next to me, Kai also glancing at him as we see that he's displaying Morpheus, stating, "Zeus will fail. He cannot cross into a claimed territory of an old-world god."

"Aeon," I breathe out, looking to the screen and seeing what plays out. Alpha Loki is blown back, skidding across the nearly destroyed terrain, a string of curses leaving his lips as the god within him fades back.

The report is hesitant, looking back to the camera, "What can we do...?" As her voice trails off, her eyes widen and she stutters, "H-H-Hy-Hyri-d Q-Que-en—" before we all see Rose walk closer, the camera following her. The look on her face, I hold no anger toward her right now, as I can see the pain she's feeling. Whatever is happening, my queen is trapped.

"We need to get there and help," my throat is dry, uneasiness and unsettling eyes land on me as if I'm crazy for wanting to go anywhere near what's happening.

Kai releases a sigh and looks on at the screen, "Yeah...I'm not really sure what we can do that a god can't do himself," he's referring to Alpha Loki as he motions to Wyn as well.