⊰26⊱

Actaeon first explains, "When you were first introduced to me and me you," he pauses, his gaze following Wyn as he walks aimlessly around. Actaeon then brings his gaze back to me, "I explained that I am a Jikan, my affinity for time. An interesting concept really..."

His voice trails off and I furrow my brows, "How so?"

"...time is just a concept and always the first thing to fade in the face of adversity and knowledge," Actaeon continues, waving one of his hands, "due to this, it's not uncommon for Jikan to recall memories of their other times, parallel universes...timelines, eras," as he says this, my eyes widen.

He remembers not just me, though other—

"Which is exactly why Vexy is under no circumstances allowed to leave the safety of Antarith," he confuses me a moment when he says this, though further explains, "I recall a malevolent warlock or witch attempting to confine my daughter's strength for their personal gain. I'm not really aware of everything that happened to her, as during that time, she shut everyone out when she was finally freed, though she did inform me that it was Princess Acacia Arin-Valentine that did set her free."

This...this changes everything.

Actaeon's knowledge could very well help and save us all.

I ask him hastily, "Can you help us show Rose everything that's happened in another timeline?"

"Unfortunately, I don't have a magic cure-all button I can press," Actaeon shakes his head in amusement, "as you are armed with knowledge, so am I, and how I choose to affect this timeline is entirely up to me as it is to you. This is the universal power we possess, not something to batt an eye at without a second thought...though, the dangers that come from possessing this knowledge can be just as detrimental."

I see...

...he's pretty much stuck as I am, altering things he chooses to while leaving out influencing others. Minor effects, things he knows won't greatly affect another for the worse.

"Hopefully, at least I've been able to answer some of your unspoken questions," Actaeon's gaze flickers back to Wyn as he narrows his eyes and states, "I wouldn't touch that if I were you."

I turn to see Wyn near one of the many shelves, his hand pulling back from reaching out to an amulet. Wyn waves his hands in front of his face as he states, "Uh-I...umm...I mean, I..."

"What is that?" I ask with curiosity, noticing symbols that appear like that of a wolf.

Actaeon pushes away from the desk, following him as we both approach the shelf. He takes the golden amulet down from the shelf and I immediately feel the pulsation of energy that exudes from the amulet, through him. Wyn admires and asks, "What does it do?" Wyn looks to me and states, "It had wolves on it...I thought..."

I shake my head, suppressing a chuckle while Actaeon goes on to explain, "Lycan; a much closer species to that Selene." Monsters that instill fear within the hearts of all pups who are brought into this world. Wyn, though...he might not have ever heard of Lycans before this moment. I've forgotten so much that goes into the way one is raised. Not only the culture or beliefs respected...though folklore and stories that protect us. Legends hold a spark of truth, and I've always had an inkling feeling at the back of my mind, that Lycans very well might exist, though I've never met one.

"What's a Lycan?" Wyn asks, moving slightly closer to Actaeon, looking over the engravings on the amulet.

Actaeon glances to me and asks, "What do you think, Merle?"

"As a pup, I was no different in the way the legends were told to me," my voice is barely above a whisper, recalling the stories mother used to speak of every night that I didn't behave or listen. Staring at the amulet, I speak quietly, "Lycans are said to be the Moon Goddess' firstborn. A rough image of the raw power of Selene emulates; vicious, merciless, uncaring, unkind...driven by the power the moon holds over our transitioning."