⊰10⊱

🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕

Wyn was a human up until Dot released him...

...of course, he hardly understands much, especially the brief overview he has from Alpha Keir regarding hybrid bonds. Fuck, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. His demeanor toward me isn't necessarily that of an omega, it's because he doesn't understand his feelings for the unexpected draw, he now has toward me.

I stand slowly from the side of the bed, yet Wyn still nearly jumps back a few feet. Here I was ready to snap at Wyn for mating with our mate...yet I've been with others before even meeting Dot, to begin with.

With the way her parents raised her, I'm sure Dot's never had—

"Is the baby she was pregnant with..." Wyn snaps me clear from my thoughts, "...is it yours?"

"What?" I ask with confusion, feeling like I've been punched in the gut.

Wyn furrows his brows and states, "That's how Dot and I met...she was Cormac's 'breeder' slave. I doubt that now, considering Cormac had to have known about her coming from another era..." he pauses and stares at me with confusion, "...but when you said you were from the same era, I just assumed..."

"No," I reply flatly, though my jaw clenches. Silence grows between us before I ask, "Where is the child now?"

Wyn shakes his head and replies, "I don't know. Either no one knows or no one wants to tell me...I've asked before."

"Do you know what the child is?" I ask, hoping to narrow down at least...what does it even matter? I'm no better than her. I just presumed...her upbringing.

"No..." his voice is distant, shaking his head.

Part of me is relieved...another part...I shake my head. Whatever and where it is, that child is blood to Dot...

...what has she done to the timeline though? At what cost having a child not meant to be in this era? Either way...it's not something I can get a full answer until I see her again.

"Are you mad...at Dot?" Wyn asks, bringing me from my thoughts.

I shake my head and reply, "No," I release a sigh and check myself, "I mean...yes, but no. It's complicated and hard to take everything in at once when she's not here to say anything."

Wyn nods his head and replies, "I get it." Silence passes between us before he asks timidly, "Can..." he cuts himself short and glances away, furrowing my brows until he tries a second attempt, "...can...I touch you?" The redness in Wyn's ears travels to his face as he snaps his head back and says, "I-I'm sorry! Th-That's not...I...I-"

Wyn's older than I...

...yet, it's clear being part of Alpha Keir's pack has given him guidance in hierarchy regardless of another's age. In all actuality for the sake of my original era, Wyn would have been much, much older than I by the time...I mean...well, we never met due to Aeon, so do I take this present as my fated destiny?

It is.

I shouldn't question it, for Queen Acacia made it clear, this is my life, my line. If I die, is something happens, I won't be reborn when I should have come into existence.

"I don't see why not," I reply, watching as he nearly falls over. He straightens himself up, taking a few steps toward me, eyeing me over. I arch a brow and state, "I'm not a piece of meat."

Wyn waves his hands and utters, "I'm sorry! I..." he's awkwardly cute. I reach an arm out, my right hand to cup his face as I draw him closer to me. He might be older, but he's nearly the same height as me...I bring his forehead against mine, his eyes wide open as his muscles tense. He's on high alert, wary, nervous, unsure, uneasy. It's somewhat my fault for my approach when the first moments of us communicating were not solely about us.