⊰46⊱

Maverick walks toward us, motioning over his shoulder, "I didn't sign up for cleanup...so, if we're done here..." his voice trails off as he looks to Nimue.

Dot is the first to say, "Thank you..." her voice waivers, "...I honestly don't know what we would have done if you hadn't been here."

"I'm sure you would have figured something out," Maverick pats her on the shoulder and Wyn immediately growls. Kai takes a step forward, and I'm not sure whether he's going to help stop Wyn, or also react to Maverick overstepping his boundaries of touching our mate. Maverick notices this and arches a brow, "I'm going to go out on a limb here," he points to Wyn, to Kai, and then to me, "you're all mates?" He rubs his forehead, "I'm still trying to get used to this."

Dot furrows her brows and motions to her protectors to stand down, asking Maverick, "You don't have multiple mates where you come from?"

Maverick shakes his head, "There are no real cross-species mates...let alone, multiple mates," he pauses a moment, almost as though he's going to say something else. Instead, Wyn is still acting like an overprotective puppy and Maverick turns his attention on him, "Settle down, you look like you're going to pop a blood vessel or something."

Wyn opens his mouth, and Dot cuts him off, "Maverick, what were you going to say?"

"I wasn't-"

"Ask," is all Dot says, regarding him entirely different. Kai comes to stand next to me, while Wyn releases a sigh, more than likely, given the order through Dot and his bond.

Maverick eyes her and folds his arms in front of his chest, "Alright...in the world I come from, cross-species mates have only just surfaced...with my daughter, though I shouldn't be too off about it, considering she's a true born huntress, and I'm sure because she doesn't have a full vampire gene, that that's why she's fated to the twin Alpha's she's with...and I didn't think it was possible really, that she could be with multiple mates, though after being here..." Maverick suddenly looks around and chuckles, "...look at that, I'm rambling."

"It seems as though, you needed someone to talk to," Dot offers a friendly smile, "just because something hasn't happened before, doesn't mean it isn't natural. It hardly became known to this world about the truth underlying the gods and goddesses, along with vessels...that only surfaced about a century ago. It becomes more prevalent as the world developed, so don't worry. Learn to move forward, let go of the past, and look to the future with newness and hope that the changes growing, are relevant, and that you aren't being resilient to them. Getting stuck in old-ways is exactly why we are having the issues we are...an old-world god's views could very well destroy the world we live in."

Maverick stares at her, almost vacant for a moment before he says, "Thanks for that," he pauses, turning to Nimue before he turns back to us all and says, "good luck. Perhaps, when I return to my world, we might have an idea of how this happened...and perhaps, it won't be an accident next time," he offers a genuine smile before it turns into a smirk and he shrugs his shoulders, "well, unless this world doesn't exist any longer at that point." He laughs as we glower together in anger and he quickly laughs, "Oh, come on. I'm just joking! You all take things way too seriously around here. Lighten up a bit, even in the face of destruction and doom, there's always something to look toward."

Dot shakes her head and giggles softly.

She giggles.

I haven't seen her do this for...so long...

"Oh?" She asks Maverick as he eyes her.

"Doesn't it take a god or goddess to kill another god or goddess?" As he so boldly states this, it isn't just me who tenses... tension from Kai and Wyn radiates with a surge of energy. Maverick doesn't stop there though, he questions, "Perhaps, a vessel just isn't enough." he pauses and shrugs his shoulders, "Just my thoughts."