Some Fresh Air

You washed your hands in the sink and stared at yourself in the mirror. There were faint dark circles under your eyes and it was apparent that you had been through stress these past few days.

Turning the faucet off, you leaned your head against the mirror and sighed. "What do I do."

Gabriel thinks I can get out, but I already tried and failed.... If I try again and fail I'm sure Gale will be reprimanded in some way...

Sighing again you stood back up, straightened your hair and opened the door. You walked out, straight into someone.

"Sorry," You said, stumbling back, "I wasn't watching where I was-" You looked up to see Mason smiling at you. "Oh it's you, I don't feel that bad then."

"Ouch, Love." He said with a mock expression on pain, "Don't you feel any sort of sympathy for me."

"No." You said flatly, as you tried to push around him. "I have to get back to Elijah."

"Elijah has had you for too long. Come spend the rest of the day with me." Mason smiled as he grabbed your arm and spun you around to face him.

You sighed and pulled your arm away, "Mason, I really don't feel like it today."

He held up his hands in a surrender position, "You never feel like doing anything, but from what I'm hearing around this house, I'm not the bad guy. I just need one hour for me to prove that I'm a fun person to be around and then after that you get to choose if you still want to stay."

You shifted your weight to your other foot and crossed your arms, "I don't have a say, do I?"

"No." He said flatly and held out his hand.

Groaning internally, you took it and he started walking down the hallway.

"So, what do you want to do. I could teach you how to dance if you'd like."

You grimaced, "I'm not exactly graceful."

He sighed, "Then how about a puzzle?"

"You're really not trying hard to keep me around."

"(Y/n) I'm just trying to think of things we would both like."

"I like to be alone." You offered.

"Horseback riding." He said hopefully.

"No."

"Golf?"

You snorted, "Who plays golf?"

"Sophisticated people." He answered shortly.

"Mason face it, there's nothing for us to do." You said, stopping in the hallway.

"There has to be something," He turned to look at you, "There's nothing you want to do in this house?"

You thought for a moment, "...This is gonna seem weird..."

He raised an eyebrow, "Go for it."

You looked up at him, "Could we go for a car ride?"

His expression hardened.

"No, wait! I meant like around their property, not away from the house, I promise. I just want to go outside and see something other than the flowers." You clasped your hands together in a pleading way.

"(Y/n)... I don't think I can do that."

"Why not?! It's your car and we're not leaving, I think it'd be pretty hard for me to escape. You can put another one of the child locks on my door. I just can't be cooped up here anymore."