Inspiration

You walked down the path, anger and embarrassment boiling inside you.

Why would he do that?! Why did I let him do that!?

You balled your hands into fists as you made your way back to Vincent. In your hurried attempt to get away from Sean you went the opposite way and came back on the other side of the building.

"You and Nikki are doing a great job." You heard Mr. Quinn say as he inspected the wall Odell was standing by.

You raised your eyebrows as you took it in. Reds, yellows, and oranges mixed together in swirls to create detailed leaves that fell to the ground. The closer to the bottom of the wall, the bigger they got. You felt that if you reached out to touch them, they would feel real.

"Thanks. We still have to add a few finishing touches when Nikki gets back from the bathroom." Odell said with a smile as she started mixing paints together.

You walked around, intending to go look at Vincent's wall, but someone's arm wrapped around your waist and a hand covered your eyes.

"You're not trying to peak, are you?" A voice murmured.

You froze, "N-No..."

"Good, then turn around and go look at the back wall. Kai and Louis are working on that. I still have to add the finishing touches to mine." Vincent said as he turned you around and removed his hand.

You glanced back at him and nodded, walking over to the back of the building. You had to press your hand to your mouth to stop a laugh as you stared at the scene. Kai had paint smeared all over his arms and face and Louis wasn't much better. The two were painting different sections randomly, alternating between dark purples and reds without a clear pattern.

"Hey..." You said as you came over to look.

Kai waved and Louis turned to smile.

"What are you guys making?" You asked as you tilted your head, trying to see what they were.

"Oh it's not done yet." Kai said, "This is just the base. After we finish with that we can move on to the spray-painting part."

You raised your eyebrows, "Spray-painting?"

Louis nodded and gestured to a duffle bag sitting beside the paint cans, "That's what we use to make art."

"Really? I've only ever seen regular old graffiti." You walked over to the bag and bent down, picking up a can.

Kai laughed, "I guess you could call this that, though we have permission to do this. Stick around and you can see how good art can get with spray-paints."

You smiled and stood up, "Thanks, but I'll have to leave soon. My dads pretty strict about me being home by certain times."

Louis nodded understandingly, "Then come to the park another time to see it. I'm sure you'll like it."

"I will." You said as you watched them paint for a few more minutes.

"(Y/n)!" Vincent turned the corner, smiling. "I finished."

You stood up and waved at Kai and Louis, "See you guys around school."

"Bye (Y/n)." They said in unison, focusing back on their work.

You went to turn the corner and found a hand covering your eyesonce again, "Vincent, I thought you said you were done."

"I am, but I want you to get the full effect." He stated as he guided you to the center of his art piece. "Are you ready?"

You nodded, excited to see what he had made. When his hand fell away, your eyes widened.

It was beautiful. In the distance, atop a hill sat a city skyline and a tree made of black. The sky was a dark cyan color and stars sparkled in the sky, but the main focus was in front of all of that. A white silhouette of a girl dancing stood in the middle. A ribbon of light blue wove around her as she spun around, a trail of glitter following the ribbon.