Choice

>>>People's deaths are described in this chapter. If you don't like that stuff...don't read this part<<<

The phone almost slipped through your hands as your eyes widened, "What?! No! I'm not doing that!"

"I assure you that you will." His tone was cold.

"Absolutely not, Elijah. That's murder!"

"I'm fully aware of what it is. (Y/n), you have a choice. Let two people die or let 20-30 people die. The choice is yours, really."

Your hand shook, "You're crazy..."

"And you're running out of time. What'll it be? I will tell you that there is a single mother with two young children living in the house beside yours. Such young lives...It would be so short for them."

"There's got to be another way. Anything else!" You exclaimed.

"This is my own personal punishment for you running away, so there's no debating. I'm going to give you five seconds before I march into the other houses and start killing everyone."

Your eyes scanned the kitchen, hoping to find some sort of compromise to the problem but there was nothing.

"Five."

"Four."

"I can't kill anyone!"

"Well then I guess I'll kill everyone...Three."

"Elijah! Do you know how ridiculous you sound!"

"Two. Make your choice (Y/n)."

Do I let all of those people die in exchange for Abby and Riley? No! I can't! Abby's been there for me when my dad hasn't and Riley helped me get away from the boys...I can't just...

"One."

"Did you take something into account Elijah?" You asked.

"What?"

"I can just run again."

There was a laugh on the other end, "(Y/n), if you tried to run I would catch you almost instantly. The house you're in only has one entrance and exit and I'm right by it."

"What about windows?"

"I think that if you left the phone I would figure it out quickly and could run to the back of the house before you even got anywhere."

You frowned slightly. Was it worth a try?

"And if you did run...well, I've been patient with you so far, but it might have to change. Now, give me your answer."

Corner...You're backed into a corner (Y/n).

"Well, I guess I'll just start with the house on the far end." Elijah said with a sigh.

"Wait!" You shouted.

"Hm? Did you want to say something?" His tone almost seemed mocking.

"I...I-I..."

"You what?"

"I'll do it." You whispered.

"Good girl. Now, go and get a knife. I can see the kitchen so I'll know if you've done it or not. You know what to do. I'll be waiting for you outside."

You shakily nodded.

"Oh! And one more thing. If you try to let them escape...Your life will become more than miserable."

The line disconnected.

You slowly sank to the ground and held your head in your hands.

What did I do...What did I do...