Discovery

You hovered at the top of the stairs, contemplating your next move. What were you going to do? Where were you going?

You furrowed your brow and glanced back at your door, not seeing Mason leaving. Your eyes wandered over the hallway and then landed on one door.

Maybe this will work this time. You thought as you shuffled towards Xander's door.

You cautiously opened it and glanced around one more time before poking your head inside the room. Your eyes scanned over the bed and around the area, making sure no one was inside.

Once you were satisfied, you stepped inside and shut the door softly behind you. Your eyes landed on your backpack that sat on the floor beside his bed. Allowing yourself to become slightly hopeful, you knelt down beside it and unzipped it.

You pushed notebooks and binders aside and your eyes zeroed in on something sitting in the bottom of it. A smile came to your face as you grabbed the phone and pulled it out. You turned it over in your hands a few times before you looked at it triumphantly.

You glanced back at the backpack and after a second thought, you grabbed your notebook out from it and stood up. You slipped the phone in between two pages and shut it as best as you could. It wasn't ideal, but it would hopefully work.

Looking around one more time, you stood up and made your way over to the door. You opened it and stepped outside, sighing in relief.

"Whatcha doing?" A voice asked to your right and you jumped back.

Your alarmed eyes met confused green ones and you stepped back slightly.

Sean's eyes landed on the notebook and a smile tugged at his lips, "You snuck into Xander's room to get your notebook? Cute."

You scowled and went to walk around him, intending to go back to your room, but he held his arm out.

"Woah, woah, woah. Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

You glanced at him angrily, fear shooting through your body, "My room."

If he finds out...

"How about mine instead?" He smiled.

"No thank you." You said dully as you tried to push past him again.

"Well then at least talk with me. You've been avoiding everyone since breakfast." He frowned and stepped in front of your path.

"Hm. I wonder why?" You scowled, looking over his shoulder at your door.

He furrowed his brow for a minute before he smiled and grabbed your notebook. "Let me see this."

Your eyes widened and you tried to yank it away from him, "Hey! Stop!"

"Nope. I want to see something."

"Let go of it!" You snapped as you glared at him angrily. 

"There! I got your atten-" Something hit the floor and his gaze flickered to the sound.

You watched as his foot landed on top of your phone and he looked at you indifferently, "Where'd you get that (Y/n)?"

"I-I well...I..." You looked frantically from the floor to Sean. You backed up slightly.

"Come on. Give me a good answer and I won't get mad." He smiled.

A thousand words rushed through your brain and you tried to form a sentence. You wanted to run. You knew that this wasn't a good situation, but your legs wouldn't move. All you could do was stare. 

Sean bent down and picked up the phone. He clicked the power button and shock registered on his face for a few seconds before he smiled. He turned his attention back to you, "Aren't you going to defend yourself?"

You watched as he slowly made his way towards you. You squeezed your eyes shut and prayed that nothing would happen. Something brushed against your hand and you flinched, thinking Sean was going to do something, until your fingers curled around something.

"I already know the answer, dear." Sean whispered into your ear. "You don't have to lie."

You slowly opened your eyes and saw him smiling in front of you. You glanced down at you hand, your eyes widening. He had given you your phone back. You looked back at him.

"Why?"

He laughed and grinned, "I guess you could say I was feeling generous."

"Are you going to do something?" You whispered, pulling the phone to your chest.

Something flickered in his eyes for a few seconds, "...No. I'll leave you to your...device." He laughed and turned on his heel, headed for the stairs.

You watched silently as he descended the stairs and then you quickly ran to your room. Mason had left and it was now empty, so you shut the door and tossed the notebook and phone on your bed.

Why did he laugh?

You stared intently at your phone and glanced around the room. You wanted to check it, but you were afraid.

You sighed and grabbed the phone, staring at your reflection in the screen. Your finger hovered over the power button as you took a deep breath. Maybe Sean was actually being nice.

You turned on the phone and your eyes scanned over the screen as you slowly sank onto the bed.

Hey (Y/n)! I bet you didn't know that Elijah is a top-notch programmer. You said you wanted your phone so I kept it in your backpack for you. Thanks to Eli you have it now! However, the only people you can call now are us. Not your dad, not any friends. Just. Us. I mean, we're all you need anyway. I hope you realize how generous we're being. ~X

You threw the phone onto the bed beside you and you turned on your side. You grabbed a pillow and shoved it against your face, letting out a frustrated scream. They were messing with you.

You glanced out the window at the sky. You could tell it was early afternoon.

It was happening tonight. You were going to get out one way or the other. 

A/N: I disappeared on you all for a few days. My bad. I'm gonna try to get two parts out tonight but we'll see.