The Effect

You raised your eyebrows slightly and you let a small smile come to your face, "Layken? Did you finally come to hear the truth?" You barely noticed the multiple girls on either side of her.

She laughed, "No. Why would I? Everyone knows the truth. You just can't be anything other than a sore loser."

You frowned, "What happened to you? Why won't you listen to me?!"

"Because you're a terrible friend and terrible friends can't be trusted." She snapped.

"Then why did you come here?" You growled, trying to control the sadness that was welling up inside you.

"To teach you a lesson. You're parading around the school with all those boys acting like you're better than all of us and ignoring what you've done to me." She glanced at the girls around her.

"I'm not doing anything like that! They won't leave me alone."

"Yeah right. You really don't know when to stop. Here, I'll show you." She nodded to two girls beside her.

The girls turned to look at you and grinned, walking towards you. You tensed as they came closer, not knowing what was about to happen. Suddenly, one sprang towards you with a fist aiming for your stomach. So that's what this was about.

You jumped to the right and grabbed her arm, twisting it and pulling her to the ground. The girl who was with her pulled your hair causing you to wince. You squatted and swept her feet out from under her.

"So this is what you're trying to do? You're trying to beat me up because you believe some stupid rumor?" You scowled, glaring at Layken.

"The 'rumor' is the truth and you've angered most of the girls here. They all have their reasons for being here." She smiled. "You're pretty basic in your self-defense, but can you handle all of us."

"You're going to get in trouble." You growled, "And then you won't be able to stare at your precious Sean anymore."

She glared at you, "Nothing will happen to me. My parents are well-known, and the headmaster would be a fool to expel me."

You obviously haven't met Mason.

"This is so stupid." You muttered.

"No. You acting like you can do whatever you want is stupid. Let's teach her a lesson." Layken smiled and all the girls nodded.

Your heart sped up as you attempted to find some way to get back to Mason. He'd take care of all the girls here, you were positive. The path was completely blocked.

A girl walked towards you, "You can't hang around all the boys like that. They're everybody's. I hate seeing you act like you can have all of them." She threw a punch which you easily caught and kicked her away.

Maybe this wouldn't be that hard. Two other girls came after you. One swung a punch in the front and the other tried to sweep your feet out from under you from behind. You narrowed your eyes and jumped to the side, narrowly missing the punch. The girl had to stop herself just before it connected with her friend.

"You guys fight terribly." You laughed, "I don't know why you thought you could do this."

Every girls eyes flashed with anger and they all came towards you.

Uh oh...Must've struck a nerve.

"See. There's that high and mighty attitude." Layken scowled as she ran towards you.

You sidestepped multiple swings and knocked a few girls to the ground. It was pretty similar in attack patterns.

"Come on. Make it interesting if you're going to pick a fight with me. If not I'll just-" You yelled as someone yanked your hair and pulled you to the ground. You reached out for a leg and pulled them down with you. The hand let go of your hair. You barely had enough time to react before you saw a fist coming towards you. You rolled out of the way and sprung up to your feet.