Crush?

You looked down at your plate, piled with half-eaten foods. You couldn't eat anymore and you leaned back in your chair looking around the table. The boys seemed to be in similar states, but Josephine kept eating.

How is she that skinny and eating that much? You thought, eyes wide.

Sean's father cleared his throat and stood up, "I think I'll go to our room now. It was nice meeting you (Y/n)."

You smiled and went to wave goodbye, but saw Josephine grab his arm and gently pull him back down.

"Dear, you're going to be that dismissive of Sean's newest friend?" She asked.

"I have to make more work calls." He said, staring her down.

"Not while we're home." She said with a smile.

You looked between them, "If you need to work, I'm not offended by you leaving."

Josephine turned to look at you, "How kind, but you're our guest so we're going to be on our best behavior," she turned to Gabriel, "right, dear?"

Gabriel looked at her before sighing and sitting in his seat, "My apologies (Y/n). The movie industry is harsh so I wanted to make sure everything was fine."

You nodded, "I understand, but please, if you two have work don't ignore it on my behalf."

He smiled and nodded, before turning and looking out the window.

Josephine sighed and looked around, "Are we ready for dessert?"

There's more food...? You groaned inwardly.

Once again, the chefs brought out trays of food, this time stacked with delicious desserts. You stared at them, wondering how much longer you would be able to last.

Slower this time, everyone started taking portions of what they deemed good and sat back in their chair. You grabbed a slice of cake and a small single portion of flan.

"What's wrong Xander? Aren't you going to eat dessert?" Josephine asked, causing you to look up.

"No ma'am. I'm on a diet." He said with a small smile.

"What a shame. I know flan is your favorite so I made sure they made some for you." She said with a sympathetic face.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Xander said as he frowned slightly.

Everything was silent for a few minutes. Around the table, everyone except Josephine and Xander forced themselves to eat a polite amount of dessert. Josephine, again, was the one to break the silence.

"So tell me (Y/n), do you have a boyfriend?"

Mason coughed on a cookie and Elijah dropped his fork in surprise. You glanced at them before you gave Josephine a nervous smile.

"No, I don't."

"Ah, so a crush then?" She persisted. 

You tensed as you felt five gazes land on you.

This might be my chance for payback...As stupid as it may end up for me. 

You stared down at your plate, "Perhaps."

You could almost see Vincent tense up beside you.

"How wonderful! Does he attend Northview?"

You glanced up at everyone, "Yes..."

Josephine leaned forward slightly, "Perhaps he's sitting at this table?"

You turned to look at her and shook your head, "No, he's not."