Good and Bad News

You sat at the table in the kitchen, eating a small breakfast. You hadn't heard anything from your dad the rest of the night and even now the house was silent. You glanced at the time on your phone and sighed. You walked over to where your backpack was sitting and slung it over your shoulder. You were about to leave when someone cleared their throat.

You turned to see your dad standing in the hallway. Beside him were two suitcases and a carry-on bag. Your heart plummeted.

"(Y/n)..." Your dad started and you shook your head.

"I get it. I'll go pack." You said, letting your backpack fall to the ground.

"No. You didn't let me finish." He said as he blocked your way to the stairs.

You looked up at him dejectedly.

He cleared his throat again, "After thinking about what you said last night, I'm deciding to give you a chance. I have to go overseas for this case, but instead of bringing you along, I'm going to give you a chance to prove you can take care of yourself."

Your eyes widened, "Wait, do you really mean it? Is this some sort of joke?"

He sighed, "No. You know I hate jokes. This is very real. If you can prove that you can take care of yourself then maybe I'll make it a regular occurrence. I'll be gone for three weeks."

You wrapped your arms around him, "Dad! Thank you! I promise I can take care of myself!"

He tensed up, "That's nice dear. Please let go of me."

You pulled away from him and smiled sheepishly, "Sorry..."

He straightened his tie and sighed, "Get your backpack. I'll drive you to school before I head to the airport."

You nodded and grabbed your backpack, following him out the door to his car.

You regretted it the moment he pulled out of the driveway. You never really tried to stand out at school, but your dads car would bring excessive amounts of attention to you. He had a black Lykan Hypersport, one of the most expensive cars in the world and it definitely looked the part. There was no way people were going to ignore you.

"There's two thousand dollars on the kitchen table at home." Your dad said as he turned onto the road.

"Two thousand!?" You exclaimed, suddenly feeling dizzy.

"For food, clothing, activities...I'm not sure what girls your age like to do, but that should be enough." He explained.

You nodded. It would be more than enough.

"If you have any problems you can call Abby from the diner or Mr. Northview, your headmaster."

You wrinkled your nose, "Why?"

"He's aware of my trip and has promised to keep an eye on you. In addition, he seems to have a lovely son so you should make a point to introduce yourself to him."

Oh, don't worry...I already have.

"Okay." You said as you looked out the passenger window. The school slowly came into view and your stomach twisted in a knot.

"I can't guarantee that I'll be able to answer my cell (Y/n) so if you truly need something, call them." He said as he turned and drove through the school gates. Already students who were walking around campus turned to gawk at you as you drove by.

This is going to be such a pain...You thought as you slumped in your seat.

"Have fun, but not too much fun. I don't want to hear that you got wasted or pregnant while I'm gone."