Propositions

"How did this happen?" Layken whispered as she glanced back at the four males following the two of you. You were making your way down the crowded halls to the cafeteria.

You looked back as well and scowled. They seemed sad and all their gazes were on you. Noticing your look, Xander smirked and waved which caused you to abruptly turn your attention back to your friend.

"I'm not sure," You sighed, "But I'm really sorry about it."

You were pretty sure even if you had said no, they would've found an excuse to sit with you anyway. They had that kind of vibe.

She looked at you, her eyes bright, "Don't be! I'm super excited!" Her face went red and she looked at the ground embarrassed, "I-I mean...I'm really excited, but I can't talk to people very well so..."

Your expression softened and you patted her lightly on the shoulder, "Hey. That's what I'm here for. Just call me cupid." You winked as two of you entered the cafeteria.

Since you were attending a private high-dollar academy, the cafeteria was fairly large and bright. The room matched the color scheme of the school colors, white and black, giving it an even more elegant feeling. The entire right wall was glass, giving every student a view of the second, smaller courtyard that could be used as a place to eat as well. A large silver chandelier hung in the center of the room, and circular tables dotted the floor, people sitting around most of them.

"I'll grab our seats." You said, noticing the small number of tables left. "Do you want to sit inside, or outside?"

She thought for a moment, "It's really nice today, so how about we sit outside!"

You nodded and turned to your right, leaving her and heading outside.

"Where ya going?" Sean said from beside you and you jumped, not noticing him come up.

"Outside. Layken wants to sit there today." You answered as you pushed the glass doors open.

"Layken?" He inquired.

You took a deep breath, immediately relaxing. Being outside was way better than being cooped up in the school. The courtyard was smaller than the main one, but larger than most. A few trees grew here and there lining the stone path. You could hear the sound of running water from the fountain at the far end and the slight dull hum of people talking. 

You chose a picnic table that sat beneath a willow tree and finally turned to look at the blonde. "I wasn't listening, did you say something?" You set your backpack down by the end of the table.

He looked at you with wide eyes for a second before he slightly shook his head, "Oh! Um, you said something about a person named Layken."

You nodded and smiled, "The girl with white hair and blue eyes I was walking with! She's pretty don't you think?" You sat down watching his reaction.

He furrowed his brow, "Oh yeah...I guess."

You looked around, "Hey, where'd the other guys go?"

He sat down across from you, "They went to go get their lunch."

You glanced up at the trees, not really wanting to continue holding a conversation with him, "Oh."

He rested his head in his hand and smiled, "Tell me about yourself."

You scoffed, "I thought that was just your excuse to continue annoying me."

He mocked a hurt expression, "Wow (Y/n). You've only known me for a few hours and are already making those kinds of assumptions... That hurts."