Decisions and Drawings

You grabbed his hand and he pulled you up off the ground, "Nice to meet you. Im (Y/n) (L/n)."

A look of confusion crossed his face before he shook it off with a smile, "Nice to meet you as well. Do you feel any better now?"

You nodded, "Sorry for making you go through the trouble of cheering me up."

"Nonsense. I can't just ignore someone when they're crying. Was there anything else you needed Miss (L/n)?" He tilted his head slightly and he smiled more.

"Oh! Could you tell me where the kitchen is?" You asked, remembering your original reason for coming down here.

"Hm, directions are a little complicated, so if you're fine with it, I'll take you there." He offered.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden and-"

"You're not. Orion and Shiro will follow us so I'm technically still doing my job. Come on." He walked off in the opposite direction of where you had been walking and you started after him.

He lead you down the hall and turned to the right where a set of double doors sat at the end of the hall. He led you through them and through another door and stopped.

You looked past him to see a pristinely white kitchen with all of the latest technology in appliances. An idle cook looked up at you from a seat at the island and smiled before returning to their phone.

"Here you are Miss (L/n). There's plenty of snacks in here so don't worry about finding something you like. Out of all the guests you're bound to have similar tastes to one of them."

"Thank you." You said with a smile, "And please, don't call me 'Miss'. It sounds weird. You can just call me (Y/n)."

His eyes widened slightly, "A-Alright."

He watched as you wandered over to the walk-in pantry and opened the door. The chef glanced at you before he got up and left the room.

Your eyes scanned over the shelves of food before you reached out and grabbed a small bag of chips.

"Did you find something?" Gale asked.

You turned to him and waved the bag of chips, "Yeah. Thanks again Gale." You walked over to the island and sat down on one of the stools, opening the bag.

He nodded and leaned against the island, glancing at you.

"Is something wrong?" You asked with a mouth full of chips.

"Um, well, sorta? I don't know how to ask you this ..." He trailed off staring at the marble.

You waved a chip around, "Oh come on, it's okay. You seem to be one of the only sane people here so ask whatever you want."

He looked up at you and gave you a nervous smile, "Alright, I have two questions then."

You nodded.

"Um, are you in a relationship with Sean?"

You coughed and choked on the chip you were chewing. Gale's eyes widened in alarm, "(Y/n)!?"

You held up a hand and regained your composure, "Sorry. No, I'm not in a relationship with Sean."

Gale nodded, still looking at you worriedly, "Okay. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah. Your question just took me by surprise, that's all."

He nodded slowly.

"So what was your other question."

He shifted from foot to foot, "Are you that girl from Northv-"

The door to the kitchen burst open and Xander entered the kitchen, his eyes a mix of anger and worry. He grabbed your arm and pulled you off the stool.