Ideas

You idly pushed the food around on your plate, trying to ignore the dull ache in your wrists. The boys were engaged in some sort of conversation, but you weren't listening. Instead, you tried your best to seem invisible to them after your screaming earlier.

"Are you not going to finish your food?" You heard someone ask?

"No. I'm full." You answered, not even looking up to acknowledge them.

"You barely ate anything though..." Someone else said.

"I'm not a breakfast person." You said dully. "May I leave?"

"Where are you going to go?"

"Back to my room."

There was a tension-filled silence and you silently held your breath as the seconds ticked by.

"I guess that's fine." Someone answered.

"Thank you." You muttered as you stood up and walked towards the door, not glancing at any of the boys. You left the room without another word.

"A little scare was all she needed to fall back into her rightful place." Sean said with a smile as he resumed eating.

You slowly walked down the hall in a daze, inspecting your wrists. There were already faint bruises forming that resembled fingerprints and you winced. Your stomach growled, but you shrugged it off. Food served by them wouldn't enter your stomach.

You bumped into someone which pulled you out of your thoughts.

"I'm sorry." You murmured as you continued down the hall.

"(Y/n)?" A voice asked.

You turned around to see Gale standing in the hallway, Shiro and Orion beside him.

"What?"

"Are you alright? You look shaken." He said as he came up to you.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not. I can see it in your eyes. You're scared and sad." He said as he rested his hands on your shoulders. "So tell me whats wrong."

"You're seeing things Gale and you barely know me. It's probably best you don't get involved." You shrugged out of his grip and started walking down the hall.

"Hey! (Y/n), wait!" He grabbed your hand and spun you around. You looked at him in annoyance.

"Listen. I may not have known you for long, but you seem like an extremely kind and caring individual which is why I want to make sure you're okay."

You shook your head, "Just forget that you know me. It's for the best, trust me."

"I thought we got along yesterday!" He said as he tried to get you to look at him.

"We did." You said, staring at the floor.

"Then why are you pushing me away?" He asked.

"Because the last person I was close to got killed by those boys!" You yelled, ripping your hand away from him. You turned on your heel and walked down the hallway, attempting to get back to your room before you started crying.

Gale watched you run down the hallway with wide eyes. Beneath him, Shiro and Orion whined slightly and he reached down to give them a reassuring scratch.

"...Come on. She doesn't want to talk right now..." He said as he started walking down the hall towards the garden. The dogs silently followed him.